Regular Contributor

Are you interested in buying the used items Q sells?

I see now QVC is selling used scarves in addition to the used handbags they have featured.  I wonder if they are going to expand into other used items.

What do you think?  Will you buy these things?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Are you interested in buying the used items Q sells?

[ Edited ]

I saw an " As IS Dennis Basso "  rain jacket ,for $70  however  it does not disclose why  it is "  as is ", so with shipping and handling , my thought is Forget abt It !

Respected Contributor

absolutly not.

Honored Contributor

If you're talking about the "As Is" section, I've bought many things from that over the years.

Most of the things I've gotten have been brand new.  Others might have been a return, but they were "like new".

The "As Is" items carry the same 30-day return policy as any other product QVC sells.

@SewHappy2 - Not sure what you're looking at as "used items", but the "As Is" section has been around for years.  The info at the top of the section explains what constitutes "As Is".  I got three pairs of brand new Martha Stewart jeans for $5 each.  Sometimes, things are just discontinued.

Also got two pairs of brand new Alegria shoes for $15 each.

Respected Contributor

@SewHappy2 I might give it a try.my local department store sells name brand purses,and some look brand new.yes,I might try

Esteemed Contributor

I don't buy "as is" any longer.  I did have both good and bad luck with that in the past so it's a 50/50 risk IMO.   I prefer something brand new, I know some things are returned and sold as new but I believe most of the time the procucts I receive are new.

Honored Contributor

I do buy thrift and consignment.  I haven't tried buying used online, but if I did, I'd trust QVC as much as I'd trust any company.

Esteemed Contributor

In addition to the pre-owned hand bags, there are a handful of Vuitton, Burberry and Cartier scarves being offered, $200 to $565. 

Pre-owned, but perhaps never used.

Honored Contributor

What do you mean by "used"?

Honored Contributor

I assume you are referring to the pre-owned high end, luxury designer bags.  I would but one of the bags if I wanted one because the bags are cleaned and refurbished.  I wouldn't buy a scarf because that would be too much $$$ to spend on a scarf...for me.