Trusted Contributor

Are you a shoe person? How many shoes do you own?

[ Edited ]

I own 22 pairs of shoes and I wear them all. I just read an article that said that the average American woman has 19 pairs of shoes and wears only 3 or 4. I wear all of my 22 pairs. 

The article also said that American women own 11 handbags. I own 8 handbags and use them all at different times. 

I find fashion statitics facinating do you?

Honored Contributor

Re: Are you a shoe person? How many shoes do you own?

Well.....I'm a summer shoe person. I have quite a few pairs of Toms shoes. We'll just leave it at "quite a few". I wear them all.  Love them. 

Also for summer, one pair of Skechers and about 6 pairs of Birkenstocks. 

For winter, much less. Probably 6-7 pairs of shoes and I wear my Merrell Dassie Slides 98% of the winter. 

Purses?  Let's just say I have quite a few. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

well, lets just say i am WAY above average on shoe and handbag ownership. Smiley Wink

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I have too many, mostly sandals. I seem to be powerless to resist new sandals. For instance, I really didn't need any this summer, however I bought a pair of Born sandals that fit so well and were cute, that I bought all three colors. It's a problem, LOL.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

A shoe person?  You betcha!  I still keep buying them but it seems Birkenstock still are the shoes that work best for my poor back.

In 2001 lightning hit our house.  We couldn't live in it for 5 months.  During that time every piece of clothing we owned was sent out and cleaned.  My late husband turned to me and said, "Did you know you have 94 pairs of shoes"?  I said, "What's your point"?  He said, "Nothing...I guess"!  Ha!

Anyway, I since way added to that.  A few years back when QVC had just stopped selling Birkenstock shoes I counted just the Birkenstock shoes and I counted a little over 100 pairs of just Birkenstock shoes.  All were bought at QVC.  

I own boots, tennis shoes, etc.  Plastic tubs and tubs of shoes.  I love, love shoes.

The thing about shoes is you don't usually outgrow them (I don't anyway).  I had a size 10 foot since after my last daughter was born.  Before that I wore a size 9 shoe.  Then my girth grew along with my feet.  (Go figure).

Anyway, I think I love my shoes more than any clothing I own.  I also love my leather jackets...

I match my birkenstock shoes (color, etc) according to what I'm wearing.  I've never been able to find the amazing colored floral, stripped, etc shoes (mainly Birkenstock) like I bought on QVC.  

Finally I noticed floral and decorated shoes are back in style.  I can wear my floral, etc Birkenstock clog shoes without looking like a weirdo this winter....Yea!

If I knew how to post a picture here I'd do it.  Just of some of the Birkenstock shoes.

Honored Contributor

I love shoes and have more than I need for sure. I bought a pair of Earth Brand flats last winter that cost over a hundred dollars and I have yet to wear them. Now I am obsessed with Sketchers new You brand sneaks and bought two pair last week. I have a better chance of wearing athletic type shoes or loafers because I walk a lot. I wear a pair of Ryka sneakers out in 6 months.

Respected Contributor

I could not begin to count them! I buy good shoes, classic designs, and quality and avoid overly trendy shoes that look dated in a season or two. Even though I weed out shoes every season, I still gate to think of how many pair are there. Eek. 150? For funeral events recently, I actually wore older shoes-- fave ferragamo pumps with a black dress and Chanel ballet flats to a brunch. Good LASTS! 

Honored Contributor

I am a shoe or I should say footwear person.  I'm not going to get up and count them but counting shoes, sneakers, sandals and boots;  I have 35 or 40 pairs.  At least....   And that's footwear I actually wear.  Not old stuff on the bottom of the closet.  And I bought the TSV in that olivey color...so add one more to the count.  What can I say?  I love shoes and handbags.

Honored Contributor

I love reading about fellow shoe lovers out there!  I always look forward to summer because I have way more Birkenstock sandals than any shoes.  

I keep them in big long plastic tubs.  I'm getting ready to pull out the clogs and more winter shoes.  I can't bend over so my friend will have to help me...(have to give credit when credit's due)...Ha!

I look at all of those amazing heels and wish I could wear them...it's still fun to look at them.  I sometimes buy them for my daughter.  Now that she lives in Denver she doesn't wear the high high heels much.  Boo hoo!  Plus she's more practical than I am...

She likes certain boots.  They usually cost around $400-$500 and are ugly (for hiking and stuff).  I always have my granddaughters...(one is 15 and the other is soon 14).  I take them to DSW shoe store and they head toward the high high heels (always).

So much fun.  I've taken my Ipad and we've taken pictures (when they were younger of them wearing them).  Just fun!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'll just say I'm not the average woman.Woman LOL