Trusted Contributor

Re: Are you a fan of Jones New York?

NO. The clothing is way too conservative. Reminds me of Linea.

Honored Contributor

I read about this quite awhile ago, unfortunately the market and customer for their clothing is disapearing and changing.  Times and fashion change, or we would still be wearing hats and gloves.

Everyone here* is wanting yoga pants and leggings, then is upset that a brand that makes tailored pants goes out of business.

*in general

Respected Contributor

I have always liked Jones NY Sport. I have a lot of T shirts, sweaters, jeans and blouses from this line.  I agree, very classic, clean lines, well made.   I find Talbots  to be similar.

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Valued Contributor

I love Jones New York.  They have some of their pieces on Amazon.  They are new items and it says they are sold by Jones New York.  However, some sizes are not available.

I love their pants.

Honored Contributor

TJMaxx also has a few JNY items. I just got an email from them today, I don't know if they also have some things in their stores, but I browsed a few pages online and saw some pants, at least. Didn't look for what sizes were available. Those looking for JNY items may want to check TJ online out. Sorry to see another long time brand disappear.
"To each their own, in all things".
Respected Contributor

How sad!

I used to buy that line. Loved it. Liked it better than Liz Claiborne. Somehow I could never get into Liz.

What's left Talbots? Eileen Fisher is too expensive for what it is. No wonder I have seen Jones NY in Dress Barn. (not my store.)

I always felt Talbots was too old for me. AnnTaylor wasn't quite right either. Jones filled that niche perfectly. My only complaint was the color palettes didn't always match my own.

Just sorry to see it go.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Jones of NY has been having problems for years.  They were sold to the investment company who owns Talbots, Coldwater Creek and several other brands.  Guess they could not turn Jones around, so they recently sold them to another investment company who also owns Juicy Couture and a few other brands.  The new company probably  didn't want to take over the leases on the stores.  I'm sure they have something in the works in terms of how they are going to market the line.   They didn't buy Jones of NY to let it completely go away.  You will see it again.  The question is the quality of the apparel and how this new company is going to market it.  They may scale it down to a low end brand.  When they bought Juicy Couture, all the Juicy stores closed and I haven't seen Juicy in the high end stores in a long time.  They did develop a low end line that is being sold in Kohls and they still have the on-line business.  Will be interesting to see what they do with Jones of NY.  

BTW, for office apparel there is still Talbots that carries suits and dresses for business.  I also get things from Nordstrom, Bloomingdales, Lord & Taylor and Kate Spade.  There are still many brands out there that are much better than Jones of NY.  What about Lauren by Ralph Lauren?  I have many pieces from that line too.

Honored Contributor

There is also Anne Klein clothing line too for an option as well as DKNY & Vince Camuto.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

I agree that Lauren has very nice quality. It was a bit higher priced then I wanted to spend. Jones NY and its various lines could be had at lower prices. The only time I ever could shop any RL was when it was at TJ Maxx, Filene's Basement, etc.

In terms of price, I would have had better luck with Jones NY. There was always a certain line/price point that I didn't want to cross with women's clothing, because most of it is Asian made. I tend to invest more money in quality accessories and outerwear. That is just my preference.

Greatly appreciate the info on Jones. Smiley Happy We will wait and see where this new direction will lead.