Respected Contributor

Re: Are you a fan of Jones New York?

Jones New York was always a good brand for professional wear.  

Respected Contributor

Well, we do have LOGO for the office.  Smiley Frustrated

Esteemed Contributor

@Q4u wrote:

Yes I'm afraid another classic brand will no longer be made....  Woman Sad

Seems the swing away from classic is happening more and more, unfortunately....

I need a little structure in my clothes. Soft dressing is not flattering for smaller women with narrow shoulders. Jones was just perfect for me.

Esteemed Contributor

Always loved this brand.

Recently bought a beautiful JNY rain/all weather jacket, so we'll made with a lovely silky finish, at Macy's for a clearance price of less than $50.  Love my bargains, but very unhappy to see this brand go.

Frequent Contributor

It's been my go to brand my entire working life. I'm not sure what I'll do for a substitute. I've been stalking all the stores that carry JNY for sales, just to fill in. Very sad.
Honored Contributor

I hope if it remains that they keep it classic.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Jones Of New York was what I wore when I was working.  Sorry they are no more.  In my neck of the woods, the only place I could purchase JONY was MACY's.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

JONES NEW YORK

yes, the days of  investment dressing are over. my last JNY purchase  was a camel silk suit. The jacket styled a bit like the 1940s, with a tie belt. i still have it, it was an interview suit i wore in the late 90s!  have an ivory silk shell i wore with it.

Trusted Contributor

I will miss Jones New York.  I love their blazers and slacks.  I still have a classic black blazer and it is quite old but still fits like it was made for me.  I will miss this line as it always looked good in the office and never went out of style.  The fit is just perfect and I have not found anything else that fits me that well. Found a lightweight black jacket at Marshalls the other day and bought it for $14.99.  It was a find and I was so happy to find it.

Miata 1

Honored Contributor

I like the brand too. I found out they were closing in June. A friend and I were at the outlet mall, and when we went in the JNY store the sales person told us that the brand would no loger be manufactured.  It is sad to see the classic and better made brands end. I feel like so much clothing today looks disposable and is poorly made.