Valued Contributor

Re: Are you a dramatic dressier?

[ Edited ]

For everyday my clothing is not too exciting, although I try to match well.  For Sunday church or something more formal,I do dress up with classic things-usually dark pants and a pretty colorful cardigan with something matching underneath.  For summer I am enjoying summer sundresses with a crochet short sleeve top to cover.  My "accessory" is my long hair. I like to style it to look good wth whatever I am wearing.  Since it is long, I can do some many things with it. With my sundresses, I like to wear it long and curly (so feminine) and with other things, I may do a bubble braid or just to the side. It's fun!

I also love color and am not afraid to wear reds and mixed bright colors.

Respected Contributor

Nope, not in the least.  

Honored Contributor

Touchs of drama. That's why I'm so digging the colored bottoms trend! My tops stay pretty demure by comparison and nothing too loud in the coloration.

I also express my dramatic side in my lipsticks. I love a fun color as long as it works with my complexion; fun eyeshadows....I switch up makeup colors daily..

Trusted Contributor

I try to incorporate just jone unique item to each outfit - shoes, accessory, top,etc.  Sometime dramatic can feel a bit costumey and I do not care for that look.

Honored Contributor

I am not, what I am is classic...when I dress to go out into the world, which is not regularly as I am retired. I am not trying to draw all eyes to me. I prefer to be known as classic and appropriate to the occasion.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My style (in both dress and home decor) is what I call "casual eclectic", LOL.

I also appreciate unique things - but have a very tight budget - so I'm always happy to score something 'different' that's really afforable.  8)

Trusted Contributor

I have 2 pairs from Fly London.  I am retired so my daily outfits are simple.  Slacks or jeans, T-shirt or blouse, jacket or sweater and always simple jewelry.   My FL are great to dress up my slacks and give me height.  The platforms actually have only a 1.5in rise and they are stable and easy to walk in.  I do like to dress up when the occasion calls for it.  Great grandma's can't go to dramatic but we like to look our best at all times even mowing the yard.:-)

Esteemed Contributor

@Gram W wrote:

I have 2 pairs from Fly London.  I am retired so my daily outfits are simple.  Slacks or jeans, T-shirt or blouse, jacket or sweater and always simple jewelry.   My FL are great to dress up my slacks and give me height.  The platforms actually have only a 1.5in rise and they are stable and easy to walk in.  I do like to dress up when the occasion calls for it.  Great grandma's can't go to dramatic but we like to look our best at all times even mowing the yard.:-)

They are sooo comfortable.  Sigh.....I really don't need a new pair of shoes, but I've been eyeing some.  LOL.

Wear them in good health.

*Call Tyrone*
Esteemed Contributor

When I worked in the corporate world, I was required to wear a suit.  But, one male co worker turned to me during a meeting and said "you like power colors".  I do.  Most women wore dark suits....I would wear bright yellow or royal blue, mostly during the summer.  I am retired now and still wear bold colors. a fellow traveler made a comment to me on a recent vacation that I like color and rarely wore black....that is the extent of my drama.  I always wear sandals that match my color scheme, like yellow, red, green and my jewelry always coordinates as well. 

Trusted Contributor

I'm not dramatic but I like apparel that is interesting.   The majority of what I buy is from Kate Spade.  Love their style & the fit is perfect for me.  KS has very interesting prints - just not your everyday clothing.   I had a colorful KS dress on yesterday and received compliments all day long.  I also love love love KS shoes, boots and handbags.  They came out with a casaul line and I own many pieces.  On the other hand, when I want to dress super casual, I like Talbots capri's & pants and they offer some great sweaters in the winter.   Many times I have worn a Kate Spade top & shoes with Talbots slacks.  I also like Susan Graver's Premier knit basic tops.  They feel beautiful against the skin and I have worn her u-neck premier knits tank top with an interestiong KS skirt or a magnificent KS scarf.  I also know where to shop when I'm looking for the perfect pencil skirt etc.