Honored Contributor

Re: Are you a dramatic dressier?

I like my shoes to be 'fly', lol

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

@ANewHue wrote:
  • I hunt for things that are unique and out of the ordinary.  I found a great shop near me where this s true of the inventory.  Several months ago I purchased a high end top for what I would pay for a top on the Q and it the original cost was several hundred $$.. I got it in my head that this black and white top would look wonderful with hot pink or bright red slacks. Do you like to be unique and dramatic?

I really do hate to see myself coming and going.  I don't want what everyone else has most of the time.  My lifestyle's dress has been office/corporate work; casual and very casual.  I do dress to flatter my figure (even at my age).  I had to find out what looks good on me and take professional tips to wear garments with confidence.  I have assets that I show off of conservatively (depending on ocassion) and then a little more laid back if the circumstance calls for it.  I can and have done a variety of looks, as one look bores me to death.

*Call Tyrone*
Esteemed Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

I like my shoes to be 'fly', lol

Yes, mine have to be Fierce too!  I will NOT wear FRUMPY shoes.

*Call Tyrone*
Trusted Contributor

I like dressing like a clown and wear Bo Bo shoes!!

Just kidding .

Classic and elegant is my style.

Respected Contributor

I guess some would say that when they see me all dressed up in my Sunday best. I love what I have to wear and really appreciate the fact that I am able to make so many choices. I could not have imagined this when I was young.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I guess you could say I am more "style" inspired.  I taught design and my students as well as the faculty always commented on my belts, scarves, vests, jackets, and other pieces.

Here, I have bought some Dennis Basso, Marc Bower, Joan Rivers, and Jen Rade.

I do buy from Anthropoligie, as well as Peruvian Connection.

Respected Contributor

I like unique, but I wouldn't say I'm dramatic. That sounds to me like bold colors, daring outfits, etc.  

Respected Contributor

Hmm lets see. I don't know about dramatic but I like a bit of bling lol..I like tops that have embellishments on them. Not t-shirts - I don't wear them unless it is a sleep-shirt.

I like any top that is a bit of sparkle, glitter, etc too..I don't wear jeans often but the few pair I have - have embellishments on the pocket.

I like to add a pretty scarf in the winter - I live the eternity scarf - more so if it is a bit of sparkle, bling, metallic thread is good too. I like to wear longer necklaces with the colors matching a bit in my top. 

That is the extent of my dramatics.  I cannot imagine hot pink pants - heck I wouldn't even know where to find a pair.

I have to dress up for work when I am on during the day (sometimes more often than not I cover the emergency room shift, go out to a crisis while I am not in jeans or yoga pants - I am not as did up as normaly wuld be 2:30 AM in the morning.. I work mental health field and could be in the office, in our Triage Dept covering, going to homes, covering cases in court, writing applications for court etc..so you can't go in wearing yoga pants and flip flops as much as I would love it lol..but I take the classic styles and bling them up just a bit with a pretty sparkly necklace, scarf, heels and belts. 

I am safe and love clothes, shoping and matvhing up outfits.  I could just see me walking into Court with a pair of hot pink slacks!!

Honored Contributor

No.  When I go to work, my goal is clean and no wrinkles.  LOL

Trusted Contributor

My version of being dramatic is buying something that is in the latest style..which most of the time I only wear once and decide I don't like it and ask myself "why did I buy this"!!  Tunic tops are a good example of that!!  So I am much happier staying with what I wear best and that is classic!!  I do have some dramatic evening bags that I have collected over the years!!Woman Wink