Honored Contributor

You can be disgusted, you can be bemused, but save your 'outrage' for something that really matters!

The bottom line is that the Q is a business and you are free to take your business elsewhere...Plenty of other sources in many price ranges to choose from..

I choose not to buy 'fashion' from the Q but very rarely. Mainly because I don't like what they offer but I also know I can get comparable pieces elsewhere for better prices (to me)

I did, however, pick up a screaming deal on an Isaac top last night! Woo hoo!

Honored Contributor

I would rather wait for a JJill sale, high price, but I'm never disappointed.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

since no one has it in their hand yet and no one can see or feel the quality for the price, then no one can really comment on anything OTHER than the price. for some, it is worth it......for others, it is not. i have spent more on this type of shirt and i have spent less. hopefully the ladies buying it will comment here on the QUALITY or comment on the item page.

its a personal decision. if you are interested in this top and want it later when the price goes down, then put it on your wishlist. the prices are what they are.....do you think they are going to change?

It's the usually bellyaching over prices.  I suppose it's hard for some to admit that they just cannot afford something and move on to something they can afford.  You'd think it was a $900 top or something.  

Maybe they can afford it and refuse to spend money on items that can be found elsewhere. If you are a wise shopper and want to get the most for your money, I find that to be financially responsible. I happen to agree with the pricing on their items. I have found many high end items for less than that tee shirt. I look for sales and coupons. I commend these shoppers for looking at all options.

Honored Contributor

For me many of the D&C items I own are classic style pieces that I wear year after year. They have held up nicely and for this reason I don't mind paying more for something I know will last. When I weed out my closet I find that many of the clothes that are worn or torn are usually not D&C items...those are still hanging, and worn, in my closet today.

Honored Contributor

I no longer live in the city and shops that I grew up with. I live near resort towns that have boutiques lining the streets. I don't think anything about spending more money for a simple top. These clothes are definitely worth it. I won't see myself walking around anywhere. The older I get, the more I feel I'm worth spending my money wiser than I used to. Personally, I don't think anything D&C is worth any amount of $$.

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

@elated  thank you

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

For me many of the D&C items I own are classic style pieces that I wear year after year. They have held up nicely and for this reason I don't mind paying more for something I know will last. When I weed out my closet I find that many of the clothes that are worn or torn are usually not D&C items...those are still hanging, and worn, in my closet today.

I think that used to be true - I have many D&Co. outfits that are years old -- but I don't find the same quality with their brand anymore. Higher & higher prices - lower & lower quality.

Respected Contributor

As someone who lives paycheck to paycheck and sets aside a budget for what I can buy in clothes after paying monthly bills,  I can't justify spending that amount on one thing when I can buy more than one for the same price and it's comparable quality. 

If someone can afford to pay that price with no problems, more power to them. I know I'm not QVC's targeted demographic with my income, but I still like to see what they offer and "window shop."

Respected Contributor

I can't see the OP shopping at St Armand's circle.  Lol

Respected Contributor

I agree with the pricing on D&C.   The price points will not change at the Q until the consumer just say's "no" but apparently that is not being done.

I stopped cold turkey from the Q, it was hard and I sure needed will power to do this but it's going on 2 months and that says alot. 

I'm shopping deals only, picked up some really nice short sleeved sweatshirt type tops from Sam's for $6.81.  They are similar to the Calvin Klein's I got last year with the zipper on the back bottom and they wear and wash great.  Love the Nautica tops from Costco too....great quality.