Valued Contributor

I agree, the prices are too high.  I do think that QVC pushes the "easy pay" which encourages a purchase  for  just, let's say, $10 which really is $10 per month for the next 6 months. 

Respected Contributor

@KKlim wrote:
@151949.. I agree w/ your comments about the ridiculous pricing of a D&C T shirt that now has a $60 price structure. Like another poster said by buying your enabling them with this new higher pricing. D&C used to be a comparatively value priced line. I guess now Gary Gobens salary is somehow being absorbed into each piece. Lol. I was shopping in Macy's, Loft, asstd stores all weekend. Bought nice summer tops, tshirts, bottoms ..Major sales and coupons. No tshirts for $60.00.

I have noticed that ever since ole (pockets on EVERYTHING) Gary has been front and center the prices on this line have gone up and up. I use to purchase lots of D&C but not so much now because of design and price. THAT shirt is a $60 price tag !!!!???? NO way.. 

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

Denim & Co today - cotton t shirt with a design printed on the sleeve and bottom - $52.50 +S&H + tax would be $59 where I live. SERIOUSLY?

if you like it buy it, but I think that is too high,

ON would sell that for under $20 on a sale day as would Kohl's ($25?)  ON might not have the size ranges. 
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

since no one has it in their hand yet and no one can see or feel the quality for the price, then no one can really comment on anything OTHER than the price. for some, it is worth it......for others, it is not. i have spent more on this type of shirt and i have spent less. hopefully the ladies buying it will comment here on the QUALITY or comment on the item page.

its a personal decision. if you are interested in this top and want it later when the price goes down, then put it on your wishlist. the prices are what they are.....do you think they are going to change?

It's the usually bellyaching over prices.  I suppose it's hard for some to admit that they just cannot afford something and move on to something they can afford.  You'd think it was a $900 top or something.  

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

since no one has it in their hand yet and no one can see or feel the quality for the price, then no one can really comment on anything OTHER than the price. for some, it is worth it......for others, it is not. i have spent more on this type of shirt and i have spent less. hopefully the ladies buying it will comment here on the QUALITY or comment on the item page.

its a personal decision. if you are interested in this top and want it later when the price goes down, then put it on your wishlist. the prices are what they are.....do you think they are going to change?

I agree @sunshine45. The quality of the workmanship plays a part in the price point. I think the price is fair and would not hesitate to buy it if I needed it. I spend whatever I want on clothing because I have a minimalist wardrobe. I prefer just a few things rather than a lot of clothing I buy just because it is inexpensive. 

Valued Contributor

I came here to put a comment about this!  Guess I am not the only one who is outraged.  There are really no clothing lines on the Q that I can afford anymore.  Retired people on a budget are not going to spend almost $60 for a top, at least not in the world I live in!  My sister was just telling me Lori Goldstein has also got too expensive.  She wears an xxs and the tops look so cute on her but she was saying she is not going to buy anymore clothing.  I will really miss Denim & Co.  I have been shopping with the Q since almost the beginning.  I realize prices go up, but I can for sure find something in the brick and mortar store for less.  Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.   

Honored Contributor

@coconut1818  I could not agree more. I can afford to pay this much if it was something special - but it's not. And I am very particular about getting value for my money - which I do not feel this is. Yes, it was nice while it was nice - but it appears those days are over.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is unkind

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@coconut1818  I could not agree more. I can afford to pay this much if it was something special - but it's not. And I am very particular about getting value for my money - which I do not feel this is. Yes, it was nice while it was nice - but it appears those days are over.

The truth hurts. Keep your elbow on the Report button. lol.

Respected Contributor

Re: Are they serious?

[ Edited ]

I think that for people with an average or below average income, myself included, we are not QVC's target customer.   The older folks that helped QVC become as big as they are now are the very same customers that are no longer desired.  Just my opinion of course.