Trusted Contributor

I have gotten more crooked necks or one side longer arms or legs in this brand than I've ever had to return locally. They cut corners on quality control, but charge more? 

Respected Contributor

I see that price and much, much higher in the mall and other b&m stores. 

Honored Contributor

I think the D&Co. 'Studio' line is trying to emulate LOGO 'Lavish.' It's an attempt to jack up prices on items they want us to believe are more "upscale," lol.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

@KentuckyWoman wrote:

@KentuckyWoman wrote:

I live in one of the richest counties in the USA. Not that I'm rich , mind you, but I do have the options to go into some very expensive and lovely stores to shop, so yes, I do see t shirts for $50.BUT I DON"T BUY THEM. It is a matter of getting value for your money. I could afford to buy a $60 t shirt, but why would I want to do that when I can buy very pretty t shirts for much much less ? And as stated here already - often items bought from D&Co anymore are very poor quality.

Respected Contributor
@151949.. I agree w/ your comments about the ridiculous pricing of a D&C T shirt that now has a $60 price structure. Like another poster said by buying your enabling them with this new higher pricing. D&C used to be a comparatively value priced line. I guess now Gary Gobens salary is somehow being absorbed into each piece. Lol. I was shopping in Macy's, Loft, asstd stores all weekend. Bought nice summer tops, tshirts, bottoms ..Major sales and coupons. No tshirts for $60.00.
Honored Contributor

Re: Are they serious?

[ Edited ]

@KentuckyWoman wrote:

Well yes and you will also see much, much lower prices in the mall and other B&M stores.  It all depends on where you are shopping.

Personally, that top looks like something you'd see at Kohls under the Sonoma line or Walmart under the Faded Glory name for a lot less money.

If you look at the still shot of the shirt on-line, the print doesn't match up on the sides.  That is a sign of poor quality. 

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@Chrystaltree2 Do you think that t shirt will have the quality of things you find in upscale boutiques? 

If I want to pay that for a t shirt I can shop in St Armands Circle on Siesta Key & hob nob with the rich & famous while I'm at it.

Well, that's always an option.  Have fun.

Honored Contributor

For me, the problem isn't the price because I've paid more than that and less than that.

The problem for me always is that when I'm spending clothing money for pieces I want to wear more than one season especially -  I want to know I'm getting fit as well as good fabric and good workmanship.

For that reason, I spend more than 95% of my clothing dollars in brick and mortar or occasionally from a company's website when I want another of an item I've already purchased.  By the way, even that doesn't always work -  I've been burned by a company I used to think did nothing wrong.  (Not QVC that time) 

Honored Contributor

@StraytoStay wrote:

I have gotten more crooked necks or one side longer arms or legs in this brand than I've ever had to return locally. They cut corners on quality control, but charge more?  

Daughter in law looked at the D&C ankle pant laughed so hard!!!

Stopped long enough to say, Mom when's the tide coming?!? You to! Can have this hot off the press iconic style! All for the great one day price 53.00! Don't forget easy pay. Omy! Laughing myself!! Of course wasn't having to return eat the shipping costs. Done with Qvc clothing, Except Isaac's. Live and learn! No more lessons.

Honored Contributor

since no one has it in their hand yet and no one can see or feel the quality for the price, then no one can really comment on anything OTHER than the price. for some, it is worth it......for others, it is not. i have spent more on this type of shirt and i have spent less. hopefully the ladies buying it will comment here on the QUALITY or comment on the item page.

its a personal decision. if you are interested in this top and want it later when the price goes down, then put it on your wishlist. the prices are what they are.....do you think they are going to change?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein