Frequent Contributor

Even if some think the pricing is right,( I don't) because D&C is not a stylish look when they try to emulate other brands.  Some jeans are good, and I have some jackets from 2-5 years ago that are terrific.  I don't usualy buy D&C anymore.

Frequent Contributor

Oh yes!  Since I've moved to a small city with everything my granddaughter & I go to lots of sales & discount store & find fabulous in-style clothing.  She know all the places.

Honored Contributor

@IMissSuperPoke wrote:

Someone posted in the Suggestion Box that the fit has been inconsistent, like I've read a lot of posts here. Unfortunately there's some Qvc Defenders saying everything they bought fits the same so the post probably won't get acknowledged.

@IMissSuperPoke

i am not a "qvc defender" necessarily, but i know i rarely have problems with fit on the brands and styles that i order. i have been shopping at qvc for 20+ years.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@IMissSuperPoke wrote:

Someone posted in the Suggestion Box that the fit has been inconsistent, like I've read a lot of posts here. Unfortunately there's some Qvc Defenders saying everything they bought fits the same so the post probably won't get acknowledged.

@IMissSuperPoke

i am not a "qvc defender" necessarily, but i know i rarely have problems with fit on the brands and styles that i order. i have been shopping at qvc for 20+ years.

I don't either but I think a lot of their clothing is cut for tall women. I have no trouble with sleeve length with QVC clothing where as I often do in retail. When my mom was alive she couldn't wear QVC's clothing because she was petite and everything swam on her. I tried buying some D and C for her and everything had to go back..

Honored Contributor

I may not like what others spend their money on, but they don't need my approval nor I theirs. I have spent more than $50 on a top that I really loved, but I do not love the top in question so I would not buy it at any price. Usually with coupons and sales I can find plenty of tops at what I consider a good value at stores in my area. 

As far as D & C pricing, it has gone up over the years. I remember spending a lot less for tops from the Q when I started watching and buying in the 90s. An average top from any brand was about $35, and most D & C were less than that.

I have heard vendors and hosts on the Q say the cost of raw materials has increased, but I have also read that fashion is one industry where the markup is very high compared to cost. Maybe the overhead at the Q Is expensive with high salaries and other costs? I don't really know the answer, but I Q prices seem high to me when compared to other comparable items I see in stores.