Honored Contributor

@manny2 wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@manny2 @Effie54  Don't know for sure, but I think the Vendors themselves pay to get to the studio whether it be fly or drive, pay for their hotel and meals. I don't think QVC pays.

You could be right @proudlyfromNJ When I said vendor I meant Kim Gravel, Susan Graver etc... not the rep that represents the brand. I know QVC says they eliminate the middleman, but their overhead has to be astronomical. 

I think QVC, and HSN are dinosaur models. They have to reinvent the wheel to stay relevant. It was great at inception, but now retail has evolved. We have so many choices.  

@manny2   With stores closing and whole malls going out if business, I think they're more relevant than ever.  Don't forget they're not just TV shopping but also have important websites for online shopping.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@manny2 wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@manny2 @Effie54  Don't know for sure, but I think the Vendors themselves pay to get to the studio whether it be fly or drive, pay for their hotel and meals. I don't think QVC pays.

You could be right @proudlyfromNJ When I said vendor I meant Kim Gravel, Susan Graver etc... not the rep that represents the brand. I know QVC says they eliminate the middleman, but their overhead has to be astronomical. 

I think QVC, and HSN are dinosaur models. They have to reinvent the wheel to stay relevant. It was great at inception, but now retail has evolved. We have so many choices.  

@manny2   With stores closing and whole malls going out if business, I think they're more relevant than ever.  Don't forget they're not just TV shopping but also have important websites for online shopping.

I agree @Kachina624 they do have the website, the app, so they are trying to lure in a younger demographic. I don't think they are going to be able to do that with the current platform. I guess time will tell.

Respected Contributor

Re: Are they nuts???

[ Edited ]

Prices are not nuts, or that outlandish... People shop QVC because it's convenient, and time-saving, and gas-saving, especially if you live in a rural area or work a lot of hours but need to dress nicely.  The consumer pays extra for this as a convenience!! 
Also, all clothing and goods have inflated in price, so the Q prices are on-par with many department stores. Yes, shopping at other stores, such as Wal-mart, will save money.  
That said, I do think the food prices are ridiculous and I would never buy food from TV shopping network. My opinions! 

Respected Contributor

Just shop the lunchtime specials and the "as is" stuff. And also wait for a free shipping day to do it. That makes it fun (and affordable) to shop on Q again.

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@Kachina624 ,Why should anyone need to say a kind word about a store ? It is not a friend or loved one, it is a store that wants to sell us something. I used to love D&Co.  and ordered a lot of their merch. I think the line has gone downhill and is very disappointing. Taste is subjective and I think your response to the OP was mean and unnecessary. 

@QVCkitty1   Please take a moment to read the OPs previous posts.  Here taste apparently is consistent if nothing else.  She comes here just to denigrate QVC.  She doesn't answer question or participate in the threads she starts.  She has but one purpose and deserves to receive what she dishes out.

@Kachina624 , My answer to that is so what ?  If she crosses a line she will be poofed. 

@QVCkitty1    Unfortunately, qvc is exceptionally benevolent about allowing posters to rant, rave, lie and exaggerate about the company, because they are mad at the world.  I think they are overly permissive but that's their choice.

Just don't criticize Jane or Shawn though.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

Re: Are they nuts???

[ Edited ]

If what you ordered fits nice and is comfortable then it was worth the purchase no matter what the price was.   I use Easy Pay if it's offered.  

@Mindy D wrote:

I have been so desperate to find clothing that doesn't make me drench myself in perspiration that yesterday I sprung for two pair of lightweight skimmers from Denim & Co. These cost more than any other capris or shorts type item that I have ever bought. It was the Easy Pay that hooked me in, with the low monthly payments, but when I 

looked at the total ($88.27) with shipping and tax I just about fainted. I've been feeling guilty since last night. 

-----------------
I know if there was no Easy Pay I would never have made the purchase. I'm such a sucker for Easy Pay.

Honored Contributor

I think a lot of prices for clothing across various brands on the Q is a bit high. I can find similar things for less at my local stores. I know Q vendors claim their products are better quality, but similar items I buy at lesser cost elsewhere have been fine. That being said, if I see something I really love, I am willing to pay more for it, whether it be the Q or some other retailer. 

Honored Contributor

@manny2 wrote:

@kaydee50 wrote:

I laugh at the prices of a lot of items QVC sells especially food.  I sometimes wonder at the income level of some of the posters on these forums.

@kaydee50 It has nothing to do with income level. With easy pay, and credit cards people overextend. That is what QVC banks on. It's a brilliant move on their part. The easy pay amount makes it more palatable. The problem if you have several easy pay's it's not little $11 a month anymore. 

@manny2 

If anyone purchases something they can NOT afford...that's on THEM, not QVC.

No one is forcing us to buy OR use EZ Pay.

If anyone over extends, look in the mirror for the fool.

I take responsibility for myself.

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@manny2 wrote:

@kaydee50 wrote:

I laugh at the prices of a lot of items QVC sells especially food.  I sometimes wonder at the income level of some of the posters on these forums.

@kaydee50 It has nothing to do with income level. With easy pay, and credit cards people overextend. That is what QVC banks on. It's a brilliant move on their part. The easy pay amount makes it more palatable. The problem if you have several easy pay's it's not little $11 a month anymore. 

@manny2 @kaydee50 , yeah and they also make EZ pay the default which really makes me mad because I always have to change it back.  They should let the customer set their default payment.  I recently got stuck with a $5 EZ pay for somehting I could easily pay the full price for.  And, it confused me on my credit statement because it looked like my credit card company was overcharging me since I didn't realize I had something on EZ pay.  I never use EZ pay on purpose.

@Icegoddess 

Having worked in marketing, I would imagine EZ is the default because research shows the majority of people use it.

If it gets applied and not wanted....you can just go to the order status and click to pay the balance.

Really easy!

Respected Contributor

@PhillyGirl23   Selecting clothing is quite personal.  I purchase clothing and fashion accesories--and other non clothing items here.  No one is forced to shop here.  I also purchase clothing, shoes, and accessories elsewhere.

Always, I comparison shop and also utilize one of the cashback options I subscribe to, such as Rakuten (formerly e-bates) before making my final decision.  Free shipping is an attraction for me but I do consider other factors as well before making my decision by looking at the TOTAL--bottom line cost, as well as how much I desire the particular configuration being offered.

Just because you dislike Denim and Co. doesn't mean that it is a cheap or ****  brand as you so inelegantly and inaccurately described it.  

Many QVC customers are happy that it and other clothing lines are offered here and in a wide range of sizes.

May you find the clothing articles you like, at a price point acceptable to you, elsewhere.  Clearly, QVC's clothing offerings don't seem to suit you.

aroc3435

Washington, DC