Trusted Contributor

Re: Are they nuts???

[ Edited ]

@PhillyGirl23   You sure do complain a lot on here. 

Do you go and stand in front of department stores with signs complaining about their pricing ??  

Plus you never go back and engage in a negative thread you started. 

Honored Contributor

@PhillyGirl23 wrote:

$46 for a pair of cropped leggings from D&Co (a cheap brand)?????

$53 with Shipping/tax  (I pay more elsewhere but, would never pay these prices for cheap looking clothing)

Prior to this item, was a twofer of ugly tees (one w/ a dated print)- Who buys this ******?

Mass-manufactured clothing using inexpensive fabrics- I don't get it!

The leggings should be $16.99 (lol)

QVC is laughing all the way to the bank!!!

@PhillyGirl23 Better question:  Who complains about who buys this ****?  People who are interested in what ****others buy?  And who waste their time complaining about other people wasting money on ****? 

Odd isn't it? 

Honored Contributor

@manny2 wrote:

@kaydee50 wrote:

I laugh at the prices of a lot of items QVC sells especially food.  I sometimes wonder at the income level of some of the posters on these forums.

@kaydee50 It has nothing to do with income level. With easy pay, and credit cards people overextend. That is what QVC banks on. It's a brilliant move on their part. The easy pay amount makes it more palatable. The problem if you have several easy pay's it's not little $11 a month anymore. 

@manny2 @kaydee50 , yeah and they also make EZ pay the default which really makes me mad because I always have to change it back.  They should let the customer set their default payment.  I recently got stuck with a $5 EZ pay for somehting I could easily pay the full price for.  And, it confused me on my credit statement because it looked like my credit card company was overcharging me since I didn't realize I had something on EZ pay.  I never use EZ pay on purpose.

Honored Contributor

Try Zulily...they are the "closeout division" of Qurate

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor
I pay way more than that for leggings from Athleta.
Honored Contributor

@PhillyGirl23   Since when is D&C classified as a "cheap" brand?  Only by you who can't say a kind word about QVC.  Why do you come here to post?  Why do you shop here?  D&C has millions of fans and is as nice as any clothing you'll find anywhere.

Maybe the problem is your poor taste.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I have to agree with the OP. QVC has raised its price tremendously. It's not like they're paying vendors to come into the studio. Here's what they should do, have one host instead of two. That'll cut your salary down somewhat. I find that some of the pieces are extremely high, for inexpensive polyester material that I could buy at Costco or Kohl's for a lot cheaper. Yes, we all know we could change the channel if we don't wanna watch. There's no need to keep saying that. What the poster might be trying to say is that she felt the prices for denim and Company are extremely high now compared to what they used to be. I agree with her. 

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624     I had to wait OVER AN HOUR for your reply  !!!!   di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

@Effie54 wrote:

I have to agree with the OP. QVC has raised its price tremendously. It's not like they're paying vendors to come into the studio. Here's what they should do, have one host instead of two. That'll cut your salary down somewhat. I find that some of the pieces are extremely high, for inexpensive polyester material that I could buy at Costco or Kohl's for a lot cheaper. Yes, we all know we could change the channel if we don't wanna watch. There's no need to keep saying that. What the poster might be trying to say is that she felt the prices for denim and Company are extremely high now compared to what they used to be. I agree with her. 

@Effie54 I agree with you. Everyone takes everything so personal. It's all subjective. We like what we like. QVC's prices are  high for what they sell.  You can find comparable quality much cheaper. It's just pure logic. Everybody has to make money. QVC, the vendor, so price will reflect that. 

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 ,Why should anyone need to say a kind word about a store ? It is not a friend or loved one, it is a store that wants to sell us something. I used to love D&Co.  and ordered a lot of their merch. I think the line has gone downhill and is very disappointing. Taste is subjective and I think your response to the OP was mean and unnecessary. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan