Valued Contributor

$46 for a pair of cropped leggings from D&Co (a cheap brand)?????

$53 with Shipping/tax  (I pay more elsewhere but, would never pay these prices for cheap looking clothing)

Prior to this item, was a twofer of ugly tees (one w/ a dated print)- Who buys this ******?

Mass-manufactured clothing using inexpensive fabrics- I don't get it!

The leggings should be $16.99 (lol)

QVC is laughing all the way to the bank!!!

Respected Contributor

if i don't like or want something, the price has no relevance.

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Honored Contributor

I laugh at the prices of a lot of items QVC sells especially food.  I sometimes wonder at the income level of some of the posters on these forums.

Contributor

Many of us like the clothing Qvc sells. We do not consider it cheap or without style. We understand exactly who we are and what looks good on us. If you do not Please change channels

Honored Contributor

So if the price was cheaper would you buy the ugly/cheap clothing?  

I don't care if something is $5.00, if it's ugly I'm not buying it.  

Esteemed Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

I laugh at the prices of a lot of items QVC sells especially food.  I sometimes wonder at the income level of some of the posters on these forums.

@kaydee50 It has nothing to do with income level. With easy pay, and credit cards people overextend. That is what QVC banks on. It's a brilliant move on their part. The easy pay amount makes it more palatable. The problem if you have several easy pay's it's not little $11 a month anymore. 

Honored Contributor

@PhillyGirl23    I think that practically every price I see.  Needed to check out arrea rugs at my local mall this week.  Went into Macy's first and because clotjing shares a huge floor with furniture, I ended up spending more time there than with the half hour plus as I looked around.

A few weeks back, I went to a bigger Walmart than the one closest to me -  even the $15.99 clothes felt overpriced! 

And a few days ago, I spent about 45 minutes in the Macy's close to home.  Very easily came home without being tempted by anything.  I could use some basic tops, but not sleeveless or even really short sleeved and definitely not with ruffles.  Lots of $50 prices unless you shopped their huge racks of clearance.  I did look -   better clearance in my own closets -- and that certainly saves plenty!

The one other observation I have from my own limited shopping is that someone is buying in spite of the prices I would prefer not to pay.  If I could wear a size 6 or 16, I'd have far more choices.  Doesn't seem to matter whether the garment costs $30 or $90 -  8.10.and 12 are missing!

My observations apply to brick and mortar only.  It's been 15 months now since I bought clothes from any online source.

Esteemed Contributor

QVC clothing is not inexpensive.  It bases its prices on high department stores and boutiques.

What QVC does offer that the department store do not is Easy Pay which allows a customer to order a product, get it home and pay for it over time.

Prices vary whereever you shop. HSN2 was offering a 2pk Nina Leonard legging set for 19.99 marked down from 29.99.

Honored Contributor

@Sis Phillips    Agree.   I don't think the prices are out of line with other retailers and while I don't buy much, I have never ordered D&C that it didn't stand up well compared to non-QVC brands in their general price category.

Honored Contributor

Everything now days is way over priced--I don't order clothing on line anymore----I NEED to be there in person to try it on---will not pay s/h to send back stuff as the time I send it and the time I finally get a notice that it has been processed is so long, I forget what it was I ordered. But I do remember being able to pay less than $50 for a top and pants ---a hundred years ago!!! Have many brick and mortar stores around me so will give my $$ to them.