Honored Contributor

Re: Are there fashion trends you won't follow?

In general I don't do tunic lengths but there are other variables to consider i.e, fabrication, cut, etc.

If it's more form fitting, like a long sweater, that makes a difference...

Freshman Juniors' Sleeveless Cowl-Neck Tunic Sweater

It also helps that it's a curved hem

I've yet to do animal print but I never say never...

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I also have a real thing about bra straps showing. 

Other than that, there are a lot of things I don't care for but threads like these tend to end up not going well because someone gets hurt feelings when something they like and wear is dissed.    

Nothing is being dissed. We all have things that don't look good on us

Call it what you want but threads like these have been started before and they don't go well.   

Honored Contributor

short shorts.

Honored Contributor

I don't like the cold shoulder look either. It seems once something is introduced (again!) everyone starts wearing it and everyone looks like they are wearing a uniform, like ok "this is the in thing, and I made sure I got it."

I don't like leggins too much because I think they are uncomfortable.

And also don't like extreme hems.

I wish there weren nicer fabrics these days-everything feels like plastic or itchy gauze type stuff or non-breathing polyester type things.

Whe I have gone to the store, everything looks not attractive to me.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

High low hems.....or layers look......not the biggest fan of leggings either.....already went through the first phase of them.....wasn't crazy about them then either....

Honored Contributor

I'm not much of a trend follower - but I would never wear anything short or tight or low cut.   

Esteemed Contributor

If the trends don't suit me, I try to make some sort of "adjustment" to just be current. For instance, I won't wear the voluminous tunics, but I'll wear jean jeggings with a smooth longer sweater. I have not bought one of the long, roomy tunics.

That's OK, though. I've seen trends come and go, and I'm patient, with the feeling "this too shall pass," and the next trend might be exactly for me.

Trusted Contributor

I prefer classic styles.

No: high-low hems, cold shoulders, camo, or leggings that  look like tights.  

Yes: skinny jeans, tunics, 

Honored Contributor

There are quite a few I won't follow.
"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

I like a straight, slight hi-low, or smile hemline on a top, but asymmetrical makes me look like I must have gotten my hem caught when dressing, and shark-bite emphasizes my rear view "largess" while giving the impression my hips are even wider than usual.

Eyewear is often unavailable in flattering shapes for me. The fashionable trend of rectangular frames seemed to stay in style forever!

Likewise, hairstyles become "fashionable", and some stylists cut variations of the same trendy hairstyle on head after head after head.