Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Are there fashion trends you won't follow?

I just thought of something that's popular now but I just can't make work on my body; not sure if it's my height or the fact that I have hips but the jogger pant is not a good look on me!

Also in my head hoods are utilitarian not a style statement but I think they've gone past the trend label because they've been around forever

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@febe1 wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@febe1 wrote:

If the trends don't suit me, I try to make some sort of "adjustment" to just be current. For instance, I won't wear the voluminous tunics, but I'll wear jean jeggings with a smooth longer sweater. I have not bought one of the long, roomy tunics.

That's OK, though. I've seen trends come and go, and I'm patient, with the feeling "this too shall pass," and the next trend might be exactly for me.

@febe1Good ideas!  If I'm not wearing it, I just don't like it at all. If I feel it has no longevity, I'll let it pass.

Like you, @ECBG, I'm not making any kind of investment in trends. Smiley Happy

@febe1,I don't buy Ikat because there isn't enough variety frome one item to the next.  Every piece appears to be over done.

I hear you, @ECBG. I don't own one. My weakness is stripes, plaids, polka dots, even checks. If I see a berry/navy stripe, they've almost got me.

Esteemed Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

I just can't get my head around the LOGO stuff. On AM style this morning, there was a top that had all this stuff around the back and sides and then stuff underneath it too. Too much volume around the hips and butt, for my liking. Same with sharbite and not a fan of cold shoulder either.

Lori called that one like a "bustle" in the back. That was a lot of chiffon on that bustle.

Honored Contributor

@febe1 wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@febe1 wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@febe1 wrote:

If the trends don't suit me, I try to make some sort of "adjustment" to just be current. For instance, I won't wear the voluminous tunics, but I'll wear jean jeggings with a smooth longer sweater. I have not bought one of the long, roomy tunics.

That's OK, though. I've seen trends come and go, and I'm patient, with the feeling "this too shall pass," and the next trend might be exactly for me.

@febe1Good ideas!  If I'm not wearing it, I just don't like it at all. If I feel it has no longevity, I'll let it pass.

Like you, @ECBG, I'm not making any kind of investment in trends. Smiley Happy

@febe1,I don't buy Ikat because there isn't enough variety frome one item to the next.  Every piece appears to be over done.

I hear you, @ECBG. I don't own one. My weakness is stripes, plaids, polka dots, even checks. If I see a berry/navy stripe, they've almost got me.

@febe1,Our closets must look a lot alike!  I find quite a few really nice striped tops in the Ruby Road brand which Dillards carries.  I do love florals though.  I really hold back on them and only buy artistic ones in the higher brands to keep from looking like curtains!  Also love animal print. 

Honored Contributor

I don't wear clashing colors

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Trusted Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

YUP!

Screen Shot 2016-11-18 at Fri, Nov 18, 2016-3.18.06 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-11-18 at Fri, Nov 18, 2016-3.19.30 PM.png

That's just sloppiness in my opinion!

Respected Contributor

A few that come to mind I see on QVC a lot.  Ankle boots with skirts/dresses.  I only like them with pants/jeans, long tops under short/cropped jackets/cardigans.  To me, that looks like you're wearing your daughter's or kid sister's clothes.  Then there's the summer sleeveless dresses/tops with over the knee winter boots and wooly scarves around the neck.  Just looks odd to me.. 

Honored Contributor

taja--yes that is the one--- Was expecting a long skirt and a short jacket and carrying a parasol. My bustle already has a lot. No thanks!!!