Honored Contributor

IMO if you like them and like how they look on you you should wear them.  I don't care much what is in or out of style. I wear what pleases me and what looks good and fits well.  End of story.  My style is my own, not other people's.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't think a classic blazer ever goes out of style.  You might consider a new scarf, an unusual pin, or other accessories to give it punch.

I just purchased a new, updated style, boiled wool blazer from Talbot's, a bright pink, one of my favorite colors.  My SIL inspired me to buy a long sweater coat/jacket in a pretty indigo print, which I would never thought of from J Jill.  Both pieces were on fantastic sale prices.  How I love these end of season sales!  

Valued Contributor

They are a classic style that will be always in depending on how you wear them.  That being said, many women are now wearing more relaxed clothing.  This is coming about because the baby boomers are retiring and have little use for these, fabrics have changed, and dress codes at work are relaxing too.  It used to be pantsuits or suits at work and that is not longer the case.  So you will have to decide on whether you will wear them.  I can see a blazer, a white t shirt and a pari of jeans.  I would not wear it but it would look nice.

Honored Contributor

It's true many boomers have or are retired and many on the way out of the workforce. But the fact is millennials now outnumber the boomers and I don't think too many of them are looking to wear suits like the boomers used to. 

Honored Contributor

Thanks all for the responses.......I will hang on to the jackets for aother year or so and see how I feel.  I might try wearing them at the end of winter with jeans and see how I feel about.

I have gotten rid of a lot of clothing and house hold items over the years and only regret 1 item that I donated...a nice sweater that was handcrafted..... I should have folded it up and put it aside for a while beore letting go.

Honored Contributor

This is a jacket from Banana Republic.  They stay current but classic.

If you look at the most expensive choices then you can often see where the style is going.  I usually look at these:

product photo

J. Crew

Talbots

Seasonless Wool Single-Button Blazer-Mid-Length

Honored Contributor

I really like classic blazers with nice looking jeans

Honored Contributor
Classic blazer with t-shirt and jeans, perfect for me. I look nice and feel great, and to me really, that's all that matters. Btw, people always compliment me when I wear these.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor
I have nothing new to add except to say that I'm a jacket / blazer person. I don't do cardigans as they are today but I like the traditional ones. I'm fond of structure
Honored Contributor

I started work in the early 80s when we always wore blazers and suits to work. I don't wear my blazers as much now, but I still like the look. I wear mine once or twice a month. I purged the ones I owned that were looking dated. I purchased a new collarless version with architectural details on the placket a few months ago. I also have a boyfriend blazer in navy and a black velvet one. I feel very put together when I wear a blazer.