Honored Contributor

out style now?  I have a couple of Dialogue blazers, one is the cashmere blazer they offered as a TSV when that style was popular.  I also have a couple of others from department stores....they are all nice, in good shape etc, but I have not worn them for a couple of years.

I do not like keeping things around that I don't wear but am conficted about donating them....what if they come back in to style, ha!   What are you all doing with things that do not seem as fashionable today?

I don't follow trends, I am not into the leggings and long tops but when I put the jackets on, something seems off....they still fit, so that is not the issue.

Honored Contributor

I personally feel that structured blazers are a tailored timeless style and will come back into vogue if they have actually gone off the radar.  The ones with pronounced shoulder pads, x-long styling, etc. tend to denote a particular time period, but for the most part IMHO they are timeless.

I wouldn't donate if these were mine.... Woman Happy

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Trusted Contributor

When I retired several years ago, I had about 4 Dialogue jackets, with matching pants.  They were beautifully made, & tailored like men's suits.  I had lost weight before I retired, so I was sure I wouldn't wear again, except maybe a blazer casually.  I donated them to Dress for Success shortly after, so I wouldn't let them age in the closet, & be useful to no one.  (Of course, I have plenty of other jackets.). Just an idea.

Honored Contributor

I think that structured jackets are always in style, they are just updated in terms of length and shoulder style.

I think they are less popular with the yoga pant/fly away cardigan crowd, but I still buy them when I can find one in a 3 button style.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

i dont wear them, but i believe structured blazers are never out of style.

i am loving the cape/blazer style though. there was a GILI version the other night that was gorgeous.

http://qvc.scene7.com/is/image/QVC/a/99/a286999.001?$uspdlarge$

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Valued Contributor

I think a structured blazer will never go out of style.

The lapels and the shoulder pads, if any, might date the jacket though.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

i am loving the cape/blazer style though. there was a GILI version the other night that was gorgeous.

Okay that's just odd.  I need to see that in person to see how it "moves."  It may be the photo that's giving me trouble.

But then again, I don't like things that are trying to be more than one thing.  Is it a vest?  A cape?  A blazer?  LOL

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

A collar-less blazer in a length that fits your body type and shoulders will be a timeless piece you may want to wear for many years.

Respected Contributor

Re: Are structured blazers

[ Edited ]

blazers are in... the updated  silhouette is fitted, not boxy.   slim-fit, shorter length .  there are boyfriend blazers that are a bit more relaxed . jmo -  current blazer styles look best with a slim pant and a sleek cross-body purse.

this is supposed to be the boyfriend style:

Women's Sincerely Jules 'Riley' Notch Collar Blazer

double breasted style:

Pierre Balmain Classic Blazer

one -button, shawl collar

David Lerner Classic Blazer

Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

Okay that's just odd.  I need to see that in person to see how it "moves."  It may be the photo that's giving me trouble.

But then again, I don't like things that are trying to be more than one thing.  Is it a vest?  A cape?  A blazer?  LOL

i thought it looked great on shawn and the models the other night.

i am not a conservative/classic dresser and really dont care for blazers anymore, but this is right up my alley. something unique and different.i love items that can be more than one thing or that are not items that you usually see.

i really like the cape dress look also.

http://nord.imgix.net/Zoom/7/_10691147.jpg?fit=fill&bg=FFF&fm=jpg&w=380&h=583&q=60

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein