Trusted Contributor

Are skinny jeans or bootcut jeans more popular right now?

I was looking online today to see what's new for spring and summer and it appears to me that skinny ankle pants still rule in fashion, but I heard a few hosts on the Q say that bootcut jeans are very popular right now.

I wear both. In the fall and winter I mostly wear bootcut jeans, but in the summer I wear skinny jeans, ankle, and crop. 

One thing I don't like is the wide leg jeans that Susan Graver has been sporting lately. They are over the top and very unflattering.

Honored Contributor

Re: Are skinny jeans or bootcut jeans more popular right now?

I agree with you about the wide leg pants.  I cannot wear those things.  They make me look like there's a circus going on inside my pants.  Those things look terrible on me.

Besides at the age of 70 and my life style I dress for myself.  I doubt my friends would give a hoot on what's in style.  They do know nice looking when they see it and they definitely would go "WOW!  That's not you Annabelle" and they'd be right.

I thing people should wear what they want to.  There are people those pants look good on.  Even if they don't if the person likes them, than more power to her.

I do draw the line at people who are a size 2 and 3X wearing tights (that's what I call them) and not wearing something that comes down over the butt.  Oh!  I see it.

Honored Contributor

I think skinny jeans still rule, that's what most women wear.  Bootcuts have become more popular lately but they aren't giving skinnies any competition.  I wear bootcut with the exception of black skinnies that I only wear with boots.  I don't wear skinny jeans because I don't have the legs for skinnies.   I actually some flares, especially the ones that SG wears and and continues to promise are coming.  I like a flare that is slim through the thigh.  The flares I have seen in stores have been to exaggerated for me.  If SG really does bring hers to QVC, they'll be cut for the older QVC customer.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I agree with you about the wide leg pants.  I cannot wear those things.  They make me look like there's a circus going on inside my pants.  Those things look terrible on me.

Besides at the age of 70 and my life style I dress for myself.  I doubt my friends would give a hoot on what's in style.  They do know nice looking when they see it and they definitely would go "WOW!  That's not you Annabelle" and they'd be right.

I thing people should wear what they want to.  There are people those pants look good on.  Even if they don't if the person likes them, than more power to her.

I do draw the line at people who are a size 2 and 3X wearing tights (that's what I call them) and not wearing something that comes down over the butt.  Oh!  I see it.

Really?   So, a saggy axxed 65 year old in "tights" and hip short top is okay with you because she isn't horrors......a size 2x or 3x?  

Honored Contributor

I much prefer a straight leg to a skinny; unless one has narrow hips a skinny tends to accentuate your hips and thighs.

I like a gentle bootcut. Loved the Logo jeans that Sharon was sporting on Saturday!

logo bootcut.jpg

Honored Contributor

No bootcuts will ever be in my closet!   Intensely dislike them.

Esteemed Contributor

I am 70 years old and I like the skinny jeans.  I think they are flattering for my figure. I don't have a big butt or large hips. I am small on the bottom and larger on top. I usually wear a shoe that matches my pants so it gives me a longer look. Also, I am 5'1" and I think it makes me look taller. I guess it all depends on your comfort zone.

Honored Contributor

Skinnys and bootcuts are far from all that is available out there. Different body types need different cuts of jeans. Personally, I prefer a straight leg jean, and that is all I buy. 

Hopefully women are intelligent enough to buy what looks best on them, and not follow the trends down every rabbit hole the designers come up with to part them from their money.A well made pair of jeans in a flattering cut will last for years and years and is very much worth paying for.

Respected Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

Really?   So, a saggy axxed 65 year old in "tights" and hip short top is okay with you because she isn't horrors......a size 2x or 3x?  

I took that as a size 2 and  size 3x - meaning  everyone should cover their butts Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I am seeing both and personally think there is room for both in the closet. 

it's not one or the other but you can wear both