Honored Contributor

Re: Are skinny jeans or bootcut jeans more popular right now?

Mostly what I'm seeing in stores, mags are skinny, but bootcut will always remain a staple.

I'm 5'3" and the skinny leg jeans lengthen them. Boot cut makes me look shorter.

No way will I ever (again!) wear the wide bell bottoms from my hippie days, LOL!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

I have and can wear all of the cuts mentioned. They are all styled differently, with different kinds of tops and footwear, and there's a place for all of them in my lifestyle. I like variety!

Esteemed Contributor

It depends on the woman and her body shape.  For me, I prefer skinnies or straight-leg and totally avoid boot cut.  (I miss the old Levi's stovepipe legs)   I think the exaggerated flare-leg jeans that Susan Graver wears are horrid.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@dperry wrote:

One thing I don't like is the wide leg jeans that Susan Graver has been sporting lately. They are over the top and very unflattering.

@Squirrel Lover

Re the pants SG has been wearing.  Back in the 70s, we used to call them "elephant bell bottoms."

elephant bells

Honored Contributor

Not sure which one is more popular but my personal preference is the skinny jean. I just think the skinny silhouette looks best on my body type. Woman Happy I do, on occasion, wear bootcut but mostly jeggings and skinnys are what I wear most of the time.

Honored Contributor

Skinny as well as modified boot (often called straight) are popular now.

The ultra boot are mainly shown only on runways.

Honored Contributor

More popular in general, skinny jeans. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I wear what's flattering and comfortable for me, which is a slim leg jean of cropped to full length, including "boyfriend" ones.

Slim meaning between skinny and straight, so that's a 13" to 15" leg opening.

Bootcut used to work better, but the last few years... nope!

I was always very pear-shaped, but things can rearrange themselves, etc. Woman Wink

Boobies are still tiny though and always will be, LOL.

Though I like to check out current stuff, it doesn't matter what's trending or "in".

If your jeans are classic in style, you can always update with other clothing items and/or accessories.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

Skinny as well as modified boot (often called straight) are popular now.

The ultra boot are mainly shown only on runways.

Yep; sometimes called a "skinny boot" - slim farther down the leg than a regular bootcut then a slight flare at the hem.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the photo, @Squirrel Lover.  Yes, I wore elephant leg jeans (like Susan's) back in the early 70's and I prefer they stay in the 70's.  I would embroider flowers and doo-dads all over them.   Now you can buy jeans with embroidery on them -- and they cost a small fortune!  Guess I missed my chance.  *sigh*

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt