Honored Contributor

Re: Are shrugs still going to be in style this year?

No, absolutely not. No one will be allowed to wear a shrug this year.

Honored Contributor

I think that so many women like them from your reason, to just needing a little arm cover because of air conditioning in summer, they will probably become a classic. They were still in every dress department last year. Right now it's a little early, but I'm sure they will be there.{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Valued Contributor

I have two shrugs but not the short ones. Mine are longer and look very nice with my sleeveless dresses. I never cared for the short ones on me. I am sure we will be seeing shrugs this year but so far I have not seen any but it is early yet.

I was surprised to see capris last this long. I hope scarves are here to stay. Love those.

You can always were a light sweater or jacket with your sleeveless dresses too. I have a variety of jackets for different outfits. Cold in the office and I like some sort of wrap when I go places.

Valued Contributor

I have two shrugs but not the short ones. Mine are longer and look very nice with my sleeveless dresses. I never cared for the short ones on me. I am sure we will be seeing shrugs this year but so far I have not seen any but it is early yet.

I was surprised to see capris last this long. I hope scarves are here to stay. Love those.

You can always were a light sweater or jacket with your sleeveless dresses too. I have a variety of jackets for different outfits. Cold in the office and I like some sort of wrap when I go places.

Super Contributor

Shrugs look fine w/a sleeveless dress. I have a few and enjoy them (all from Q, what do ya know).

There are great exercises for the triceps, it only takes working them w/a 3- or 4-lb. weight.

Trusted Contributor

Hi HAPPY>>> I have a couple of shrugs which I wear with sleeveless dresses. They are a nice accessories and good when you are in air conditioning in the summer up here.

I don't worry too much about what is IN or OUT in fashion. I think we all can have our own style and with accessories we keep it fresh. If you look in the mirror and feel good about what you see....then you will have a better day. In my case, I am adding more color and finding it lifts my mood, especially in the winter months. Even trying colors that I NEVER used to wear like coral and pinks. They work!

Honored Contributor

On 2/25/2014 JustJazzmom said:

If your arms are getting flabby, then by all means cover up them with a shrug. You will need to do weight training exercises with hand weights to tone those muscles up. If it doesn't work, and you are still unhappy, then you might opt for surgery to tighten the arms up.

The muscles in my arms are TONED but i am dieting and losing weight and they are flabby anyway. Perhaps you should read the OP before making your degrading comments. I work out at the YMCA gym 5 days a week.
Honored Contributor

On 2/25/2014 RetRN said:

No, absolutely not. No one will be allowed to wear a shrug this year.

Uh Oh.
Valued Contributor

I intend to wear my shrugs. My arms are not in the best shape and for the office I prefer not to wear much bare sleeves to the office unless it is 100 plus degrees.

Honored Contributor

I tossed mine out last spring.