Respected Contributor

Re: Are pantsts too tight when they grab and don't fit smoothly?

QVC stylists seem to favor the ill-fitting look: pants that don't fit smoothly and jackets that can't close.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@insomniac2 wrote:

QVC stylists seem to favor the ill-fitting look: pants that don't fit smoothly and jackets that can't close.

I see that look all over my city. It's the way younger people wear their clothes, now. Unfortunately, it doesn't translate very well to the older hosts and models, or to much of the clothes QVC sells. It, certainly, doesn't speak to what I assume is most of QVCs viewing and buying demo.  They just seem to be at cross-purposes.

Trusted Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

Well-fitted skinny jeans should be form-fitting but comfortable (thank you, 2% Spandex). The nature of their fit means that if you're sitting down and then stand up, the jeans often need some adjustment. I stomp my feet a couple times, and that does the trick. Sometimes, though, I do have pull them down at the ankle. That's just the nature of the beast.

I thought there was something wrong with me because I have to do the same thing every time I stand up. Smiley Happy  I, honestly, had no idea this happened to others. 

Honored Contributor

@ILTH wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

Well-fitted skinny jeans should be form-fitting but comfortable (thank you, 2% Spandex). The nature of their fit means that if you're sitting down and then stand up, the jeans often need some adjustment. I stomp my feet a couple times, and that does the trick. Sometimes, though, I do have pull them down at the ankle. That's just the nature of the beast.

I thought there was something wrong with me because I have to do the same thing every time I stand up. Smiley Happy  I, honestly, had no idea this happened to others. 

I call it the skinny jean dance, @ILTH :-)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@ILTH wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

I call it the skinny jean dance, @ILTH :-)

I  know, at work,  they think I'm nuts when I go walking down the hall shaking my leg (after having just gotten up).  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Re: Are pantts too tight when they grab and don't fit smoothly?

I think most people commenting agree that there is a huge difference between tight, but properly fitting jeans, leggings, etc., and those garments that grab and bunch on the wearer.  Yes, leggings and many jeans are meant to be worn tight, but there is a big difference between tight and too tight.  Wearing them too big is as bad as wearing them too small.  It does seem that the models are often placed in too tight garments which detract from the overall look.  

As for all the hosts who claim to wear size xxs, buttoning up  jackets would be impossible.  They are always shown open.  

Trusted Contributor

@this is my nic wrote:

I think most people commenting agree that there is a huge difference between tight, but properly fitting jeans, leggings, etc., and those garments that grab and bunch on the wearer.  Yes, leggings and many jeans are meant to be worn tight, but there is a big difference between tight and too tight.  Wearing them too big is as bad as wearing them too small.  It does seem that the models are often placed in too tight garments which detract from the overall look.  

As for all the hosts who claim to wear size xxs, buttoning up  jackets would be impossible.  They are always shown open.  

This is what I've been seeing out and about a lot the past few years -- on younger women. 

684bf25f2a48153679e8b35acdca931f.jpg6896e2e1ecaad8e01824e22eb21dd4fb.jpgc1f926574ab8.jpg.jpgmaxresdefault.jpg

It's not for me (certainly at my age), but, that's what's out there.

Trusted Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

I don't believe there is a right or wrong here.

How you wear your pants is a personal preference.

You may not like the size they are wearing on the models, but that doesn't make it 'wrong'.

Fashion is a choice.

@RespectLife 😁

Valued Contributor

Re: Are pants too tight when they grab and don't fit smoothly?

On a similar note, I took husband to start shopping for a new suit since he’s gained weight old suits don’t fit. Men’s suits are,according to the men’s department at reputable department stores, cut slimmer and supposed to be more form-fitting since we last bought a suit. Not sure yet that this looks that great on him. Change is hard. Lol.
Honored Contributor

@ILTH wrote:

@this is my nic wrote:

This is what I've been seeing out and about a lot the past few years -- on younger women. 

684bf25f2a48153679e8b35acdca931f.jpg6896e2e1ecaad8e01824e22eb21dd4fb.jpgc1f926574ab8.jpg.jpgmaxresdefault.jpg

It's not for me (certainly at my age), but, that's what's out there.

@ILTH 

I have some slim pants and jeans that are fitted, but I would never wear my pants or jeans as tight as the women in these photos. 

@suzyQ3 

I have definitely adjusted my slim pants by pulling them down at the ankles. A bit annoying really, but it has to be done.