Honored Contributor

Re: Are pantsts too tight when they grab and don't fit smoothly?

I've heard it called the "smiley" at the top of the legs.

Esteemed Contributor

Just me... but I think that pencil skirt in message #3 is too tight.   I practically live in skinny jeans (I'm short and skinny), but my skinnies don't bunch up on my hips or legs.  They move freely and don't cling as I sit down and stand up.  

Again, just my opinion, but I feel that most of the QVC models wear their clothes too tight.  Is that style?  If your shirt or pants look like sausage casing, then you're "in" ???

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

I don't believe there is a right or wrong here.

How you wear your pants is a personal preference.

You may not like the size they are wearing on the models, but that doesn't make it 'wrong'.

Fashion is a choice.

Honored Contributor

Some pants are made to be worn with more room and some, like leggings, jeggings, slim pants and skinny pants are made to be form fitting.  Baggy leggings, jeggings or skinny jeans IMO look bad and baggy pants of any kind tucked into boots looks extremely dated.

Many of the outfits on the models on QVC are obscenely tight.  They looked stuffed into tops, pants and even bathing suits.  

As far as some of the bottoms go, I think many times the hosts and models are wearing a shaper under the pants which causes the pants to "stick" to the shaper and create the creasing and odd lines. 

Respected Contributor

I prefer to wear tighter fit pants and jeans - I did baggy pants as a teenager and into my 20's and I realized how uncomfortable it was. I felt like I had too much fabric on my legs, and I looked stumpy and sloppy.

The pants I wear now don't bunch at the knees or do what I call "crinkle crotch," where the fabric creases below the waist. I wear my regular size, and even in lines where they say go down, like Diane Gilman, I don't, because of my belly and thighs and don't want to feel like I'm a sausage casing. I want to feel comfortably snug.

I think it's the stylist's choice to put models in smaller size pants - they believe a tighter fit looks best. 

Trusted Contributor

The clothing worn in most of the demos is at least a size too small.  There shouldn't be lines or bunching of the fabric in the thigh area.  No skirt should be so tight that it wrinkles across you lap while you are standing.  Ask any tailor.  I continue to be amazed that the Q sends its models out with pants that are that tight.  Most of the models (not all) on with Isaac for his TSV looked as though the slacks did not fit them properly. Way too tight on most.  Leggings are not supposed to substitute for tights.

Honored Contributor

It's a no brainer that pants (or anything else) that bunches, crunches, pulls etc are too small.  I use my own common sense and standards when it comes to sizing, I don't care what they do with the models.  I only look at the models to see what the garment looks like on a human figure, I don't judge sizing by what the models look like.  Omg!  I'm a XL so if I did that, I'd have to return most of what I buy.  

Respected Contributor

I agree, not a good look. What about the too tight blouses and jackets. Adrian with the long dark hair, who is 5’9 works with SG never wears tight clothes, but too loose. Jacquie the pretty blond is one of the worst—- maybe the models have some input?

For me the jackets that are not even within inches of closing are laughable. 

Esteemed Contributor

There is  a difference between slim form fitting pants and pants painted on. If you have eyes you'll see the difference.  Agree baggy pants are awful looking.  But I think the tight pants with high boots fashion is looking passe'. So overdone.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well-fitted skinny jeans should be form-fitting but comfortable (thank you, 2% Spandex). The nature of their fit means that if you're sitting down and then stand up, the jeans often need some adjustment. I stomp my feet a couple times, and that does the trick. Sometimes, though, I do have pull them down at the ankle. That's just the nature of the beast.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland