Respected Contributor

Are pants too tight when they grab and don't fit smoothly?

[ Edited ]

I have seen many presentations of all types of jeans, leggings, and regular pants and often some of the models have what I call grabbing;  the fabric bunches up across the legs, especially the thighs.  This looks like the garment is too tight.  I wouldn't wear anything that looked like it was a couple sizes too small.  Am I just way out of the style loop? 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Are pantsts too tight when they grab and don't fit smoothly?

@this is my nic  I agree with you. I once heard a stylist comment about skinny jeans. I remember her say specifically that if there is horizontal bunching across the legs, they're too small, go up at least one size.

Honored Contributor

Horizontal pulling resulting in lines of fabric is an indication of clothing that is too tight.  This doesn't include rushing, of course.

Image result for skirt worn too tightly

Frequent Contributor

i never liked tight clothes so I am not into the skinny jean or ankle jeans. I do own 1-2 pairs of these but they are not tight.

Honored Contributor

Some people like this look, especially with jeans.  It causes the fabric to make whiskers.  

You can even buy jeans with the whiskers already on them.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ECBG wrote:

Horizontal pulling resulting in lines of fabric is an indication of clothing that is too tight.  This doesn't include rushing, of course.

Image result for skirt worn too tightly

Do you mean ruching?

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

If skinny jeans or leggings, etc are not skin hugging they are too big and will look baggy.  I am the opposite of most posting here I guess because if not body hugging they would be very uncomfortable to me.

Honored Contributor

I only wear skinny jeans (leggings) that hug my legs from top to bottom. I love this look on me. I wear a lot of boots so leggings are a must. I threw out all of my baggy jeans years ago. Yuck.

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like slacks with some room.......especially in Spring and Summer.  I learned a long time ago that, in these two seasons,  tight or fitted is just too hot for me.        

Honored Contributor

@this is my nic ....nope....not wrong.  If the pant pulls across the thigh or the  @ro$@h area they are to tight.

I am very picky about my pants, I am only 5'5" and I have a problem with the rise, usually to long for me but a petite is to short in length, I despise buying pants.