Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: Are jeans on the way out?

@apple1964 wrote:

I have both yoga and jeans and will never stop wearing either. As far as wearing knit pants are concerned there are different degrees of knit material and some yoga pants i wear to work on casual Fridays look very dressed up and I have gotten lots of compliments on them.

---------------------------

Would you mind sharing what yoga pants you buy?  I wear them but I have yet to really find one I really love.

Honored Contributor

The other day I was at the grocery store and really looked at what people were wearing. More had on jeans then other types of pants. Some men were in khaiis. Those guys also had on ties so they were probably working. When DH worked they had a very strict dress code. NO JEANS!! and always a tie.

Just a reminder we live in the midwest and in a state that gets very cold and snowy in the winter so I can't imagine wearing any thing but my flannel lined jeans when we are out.

Respected Contributor

I have a lot of jeans, but love the comfort of yoga pants.  I may have found the best of both worlds:  Sam's Club has....yoga jeans!  Cat Happy They're styled like yoga pants (with a straight leg and wide knit waistband) but the fabric is a very soft denim. They come in denim blue, black, and brown and are just $16 and change; I think the brand is Bandolino. (I'm too lazy to get up and look.) So far, they feel very, very comfortable...if they wash well, I might consider a second pair.

Respected Contributor

@FunkyHulaGirl wrote:

I have a lot of jeans, but love the comfort of yoga pants.  I may have found the best of both worlds:  Sam's Club has....yoga jeans!  Cat Happy They're styled like yoga pants (with a straight leg and wide knit waistband) but the fabric is a very soft denim. They come in denim blue, black, and brown and are just $16 and change; I think the brand is Bandolino. (I'm too lazy to get up and look.) So far, they feel very, very comfortable...if they wash well, I might consider a second pair.

cool!

Trusted Contributor

Yesterday I was on the campus of our state university.  I walked across campus while lots of students were going to class, so I decided to quick visual survey of what the young women were wearing.  I was surprised to see that only about 1 out of 20 was wearing jeans.  The rest had on leggings or yoga pants. 

I also noticed jeans were not worn by many of the young men, either.  Many of them had on sweatpants. 

So maybe jeans are losing popularity, at least with the next generation.  But they will never leave my casual wardrobe!