Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: Are jeans on the way out?

i agree, they may not be selling as many jeans now.  but good golly, they are so expensive!  i know my brands that fit me best and that i like are out of sight expensive, so i'm not shopping all the time.  in fact, in the last nordies sale, i bought 2 pair and one was olive.  the other was chosen for me and i bought them, but would never have picked them out for myself.  you only need so many pair of jeans.

Trusted Contributor

I don't believe jeans will ever go out of style.

Respected Contributor

@brii wrote:

I happily wear both.

I think jeans are more popular than ever.  A lot of women can now wear jeans to work, depending on the rinse and cut.

I'm with @brii. I happily wear them both. One doesn't substitute for the other. 

Respected Contributor

Jeans are too durable and we tend to hang onto them longer than other fabrics.  Designers/Retailers hate that!  Every now the market has to push some particular "new" style to get us to buy.  I will resist the brainwash.  I will never stop wearing jeans, or leggings.  No sloppy yoga pants for me.

Respected Contributor

@ladyroxanne wrote:

i agree, they may not be selling as many jeans now.  but good golly, they are so expensive!  i know my brands that fit me best and that i like are out of sight expensive, so i'm not shopping all the time.  in fact, in the last nordies sale, i bought 2 pair and one was olive.  the other was chosen for me and i bought them, but would never have picked them out for myself.  you only need so many pair of jeans.

------------------------

I agree. I think jeans have gotten so expensive. I just wont pay some of the prices they are asking and that is probably one thing that hurt sales too. 

Respected Contributor

Jeans are timeless. Always were, always will be.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Respected Contributor

Esteemed Contributor

I think we should start a rumor that yoga pants are on the way out. 

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Valued Contributor

Let's hear it for Dream 5-pocket Jeans.  Keep the great colors and Tall's coming.

Esteemed Contributor

I have both yoga and jeans and will never stop wearing either. As far as wearing knit pants are concerned there are different degrees of knit material and some yoga pants i wear to work on casual Fridays look very dressed up and I have gotten lots of compliments on them.