Honored Contributor

Re: Are jeans on the way out?

Jeans are not going anywhere.  I wear yoga pants to yoga class!  I see the many women out and wonder if they have looked at their rear view in the stretchy thin pants. 

Frequent Contributor

I don't think jeans will ever go away.  I will never stop wearing them!!  

Respected Contributor

i wear jeans out  but the minute i get home i change to yoga pants or something stretchy around the house.

Honored Contributor

I personally can't stand knit slacks, don't like the look and can't stand the feel.  I don't care who made them or how much they are, just can't stand them... the same with yoga pants or even sweat pants.... I know there are many ladies who love them, but I'm not one of them.... Woman Frustrated

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

After 125+/- years?

I think not.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Jeans on the way out? lol... What a silly suggestion! Someone just wanted to see how many discussions like this they could spark. 

Honored Contributor

I would never wear yoga pants and I've never actually seen anyone wear them except when they are on their way to or from a yoga studio.  They have their yoga pants on and their rolled up mat uder their arms.  No one I know wears them as clothing.  I doubt seriously that jeans are on their way out, they've never been "out" in my life time.  If sales are down, it's because jeans last forever and many of us have a wardrobe of jeans.  I don't like the athleisure look that is so popular now.  I hate it actually but I think it's an alternative to jeans not a replacement and it's fad, it won't last long.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't find this question silly; I have posted something quite similar in the past months.

Perhaps it depends on where we live.  I can only speak for my urban self and say that my jeans are not as important to me as they once were.  They are too hot to wear in summer months and I find I wear leggings with boots frequently in the cold weather months.  

While I will, of course, continue to own/wear jeans they now must compete with leggings or joggers.  And a word about dark rinse jeans--it seems the marketplace is now flooded with faded denim jeans.  

Respected Contributor

Jeans have been around since the "Gold Mining 49'ers in California" started by Levis.  They are not going away in my opinion, EVER.  I will never give up my Jeans... 

Honored Contributor

@Bellabutterfly wrote:

Jeans have been around since the "Gold Mining 49'ers in California" started by Levis.  They are not going away in my opinion, EVER.  I will never give up my Jeans... 

The Levis family will be forever grateful. Smiley Very Happy

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif