Esteemed Contributor

Re: Are jeans on the way out?

What gardensla said!   I live in jeans every day and will never wear yoga pants.   I don't go with fashion 'trends' anyway -- so while all the women in the world might be wearing yoga pants, I'll still be in my skinny Levi's.  Thankyouverymuch.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
QVC Social Team

I'm with you @gardensla! #longlivejeans

Respected Contributor

jeans are alive and well in my home and intend to stay that way.  yoga pants have their place also

Honored Contributor

I guess they have been on the way out for 50-60 years. Styles have changed --remember the bell bottoms? I can't believe how silly this ? is. So I guess when DH cuts down trees, chops with chain saw and splits the wood he will wear yoga pants?

Do they make flannel lined yoga pants because here in Michigan that is what I wear in the winter.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@vac wrote:

I don't think jeans are going anywhere, ever.  

I agree.

I wish I had a dollar for every " X is dead" story I've read that was absolutely wrong. These stories are just a bunch of hype to get our attention.

Jeans are not going away even if people do wear yoga pants. Is there somehow not enough room in the world for two different kinds of pants?

Sales fell by 6% in a year. If you felt 6% worse this year than you did last year, would you even notice? Would you feel like you were dying? Yes, sales falling by 6% isn't good, but it should be something they can make up. That's also UP from the last decline (8%) they wrote about and ealier this year someone proclaimed that demin was back from the dead. Did you even notice denim was dead last year? I know I didn't. Because it wasn't then, isn't today, and won't be tomorrow. More denim companies will probably start making knit jeans, like DreamJeannes, that look like jeans with the comfort of yoga pants.

Super Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1.  You think the question I asked is silly, and yet here you are offering your opinion and favoring us with a reply.  Why bother if it's so silly?  

"I always have a chair for you in the smallest parlor in the world, to wit, my heart." --Emily Dickinson
Esteemed Contributor

I do not believe jeans will ever go out of style.

Honored Contributor

I happily wear both.

I think jeans are more popular than ever.  A lot of women can now wear jeans to work, depending on the rinse and cut.

Honored Contributor

I don't think jeans will ever go out but there has definitely been a shift to people wearing athleisure/yoga pants.  I see more and more people out and about on Saturdays in yoga pants, leggings and other stretchy pants. 

Valued Contributor

@ncascade wrote:

I guess they have been on the way out for 50-60 years. Styles have changed --remember the bell bottoms? I can't believe how silly this ? is. So I guess when DH cuts down trees, chops with chain saw and splits the wood he will wear yoga pants?

Do they make flannel lined yoga pants because here in Michigan that is what I wear in the winter.

LOL DH in yoga pants!