Respected Contributor

Re: Are cold-shoulders out?

[ Edited ]

@kelsey17 wrote:

I hope so.....

Me too.   They were always out for me.  I bought a dress 2 years ago for my nephew's wedding that had them and took the dress to the alterations place and had her sew them up.  

Honored Contributor

I have exactly one cold shoulder top that I'll wear whether they are considered a fad or not.  I don't pariclularly follow fads because, well, they're fads.  Just because it's no longer the latest thing doesn't mean it can't be successfully part of an outfit. However, I would never fill my closet with something that is obviously a fad.

Esteemed Contributor

I am not an expert in what is in/out; I can only speak for myself. They were fun for a season a few years ago, but I have donated the few tops/dresses I owned and don't plan to add any to my wardrobe.

Honored Contributor
They were always 'out', for me personally, but I don't care what anyone else wears.
"To each their own, in all things".
Respected Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

I seem to see way, way, way less of the cold shoulder fad than I did last year.  Has that fad passed on?  I never bought any....just not my style.  Just curious.

One can only hope.

Honored Contributor

If they're going out I say good riddance and I hope I never see another one again.

Honored Contributor

I see them in old movies and tv shows from way back to the 40's on up until now and I have some from the 70's. 80's, 90's up to now so they are probably going to stay around for those who want them just like many other styles that have been around. 

Trusted Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

I seem to see way, way, way less of the cold shoulder fad than I did last year.  Has that fad passed on?  I never bought any....just not my style.  Just curious.

I really hope so...I never cared for the look....not my style either.   

The style looks very dated to me.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Are cold-shoulders out?

[ Edited ]

I have not seen many this year, I do think that trend is over but we'll still them for the next year or two.  Women who bought them last year are going to wear them this year.  

Esteemed Contributor

Cold shoulder tops done well are OK but I see a lot that are done badly so that the strap part is too narrow and the cutout is too big so that it shows a heavy upper arm.