Honored Contributor

Re: Are capri pants outdated?

I donated all my capris, crops, shorts awhile ago.  I do not wear leggings, jeggings, etc.  I prefer long pants and in hot weather a skirt or dress which I find to be much cooler and less confining.

As others have said @Trinity11  wear what you like and feel comfortable in.  If capris are currently outdated, they will soon be back in style and you'll be fashion forward--LOL!!!

Respected Contributor

Capris aren't crop pants, capris are shorter...shorts, capri, crop, ankle, full. I wear what I like, don't give a hoot what's in style...it's  ankle & crops for me everyday & full length when needed. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I usually wear long pants, but I like to wear white capris with white tennis shoes casually sometimes in the summer.  i wear what pleases me.  If you like capris, look good in them, and feel confident.....the trend is insignificant.

Honored Contributor

Capris usually come to just below the knee and are now being called other names but the same length.  Crops come to mid calf so they're longer.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

No. I have a bunch by D&C and wear them at home and elsewhere. I really don't care if they were outdated, I wear what I want.

Trusted Contributor

Maybe its just me, but I don't think I would make fashion decisions based on what I saw being worn at a mall.  IMHO the majority of women who wear leggings, shouldn't.

Definitely wear what you like.

Honored Contributor

i like to wear capris and pedal pushers.......i prefer those two to cropped pants. i wear them all summer long and into the fall if the weather is warmer. i see them all the time around our area.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

I live in pacific northwest and see every possible length of pants/shorts/skirts being worn by women of all age brackets.

On my body, for spring and summer I wear above knee shorts and skirts, tea length summer dresses, pants that fall 3" above ankle to just at ankle pants. In fall and winter I wear ankle or full length pants.

I think women should wear what they want to wear. Do I sometimes look frumpy? Probably to other people I might....but I'm 65 and living my life the way I want, wearing the clothes I bought because I liked how the clothes looked or worked for me.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

@kitcat51 wrote:

Capris aren't crop pants, capris are shorter...shorts, capri, crop, ankle, full. I wear what I like, don't give a hoot what's in style...it's  ankle & crops for me everyday & full length when needed. 

squeeze in pedal pushers in betwen the shorts and the capris @kitcat51 . Smiley Wink

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 

You're fine.  Wear what gives you temperature comfort.

I am in western NC; the temp mid day is around 80 degrees.  

Quite a few women here wear capris (also called skimmers) because petal pushers or shorts don't look good to them, but they don't want to be overly covered, or they just like the style.

Different body silhouettes or personal preferences, capris sell.

With early fall on the floors now, the longer lengths are being pushed.