Honored Contributor

I admit I get out a lot less than I used to. However, today's trip to the mall I saw no capri pants. (except for me). What I saw was shorts, jeans, lots of leggings and a few maxi dresses. This was on all different age groups too. Even women that appeared to be a senior like myself.

I felt out of style 😳and wondered if maybe different parts of the country dress differently. I think I need a wardrobe overhaul. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Are capri pants outdated?

Not to me, wear them every day in summer.  I call mine crop length. 

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

When you say crop length @Shelbelle @do you mean to the ankle? On me capris come mid calf because I am tall. I saw no one with mid calf capris.

Trusted Contributor

Personally I'm not a fan of capri's since I am shorter and they don't usually look as good on me. Plus, my grandma always wore them and I feel "older" in them. Just me. I own 2 pairs but rarely wear them, I prefer shorts, skirts or dress. However, if you like to wear them go for it. Don't let what other's wear dictate what you can and can't wear. 

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11,

I am a New Jersey lady and wear them often. I have too many pairs to not wear them!

Good Morning Wednesday Flower images

Honored Contributor

Capri now goes by crop.  Same pants different name.  Wear your own style and dont worry what others wear.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

Wear what you like !

I wear capris running errands and walking my dogs because its so hot in the summer here!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

When you say crop length @Shelbelle @do you mean to the ankle? On me capris come mid calf because I am tall. I saw no one with mid calf capris.

I usually look for a 22 to 23 inch inseam, I am short but have long legs, so about 5 to 6 inches above my ankles, I dont want to sit down and have my whole leg exposed, these are perfect for me. I am 70. 

Esteemed Contributor

I will keep wearing my capris because I do not like leggings!  

Nice and cool on a summer day!  

Honored Contributor

I don't like them, so in or out makes no difference to me.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan