Super Contributor

Re: Are bootcut jeans coming back?

I dont think they ever really left.

Might be your area but I know some that do, like me.I wear boot cuts all the time and had been doing it since they first came out regardless of trends. I think they give you a better silhouette than skinnies and I like to have more than one choice in jean cuts. They are a staple that never really went out of style and it is the choice of many to wear anyway. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

They are still around, but it's never really been that popular.  From looking around 7 For All Mankind still have the older style of boot cut.  About two years ago, jean companies decided to "update" the boot cut.  It has always been viewed as too conservative  Older women wore them.  Not so much the young. And the sales sank. When you contrasted them with the bold flares that enjoyed a come back, you could see why. They cropped it and renamed it "kick jeans".  The sale of kick jeans is really so so.  I have no idea if more jeans companies will go back to the older style.  I don't own any boot cut jeans.  And I have never liked it.  But I don't wear one syle.  I wear Flares, Boyfriend, Straight,  Cigarette & skinny.  And if there's a hybrid between styles I'll wear it!

Respected Contributor

Coming back? 

I wear them. Never knew they ever went anywhere. They are my favorite style jean.

Just a different look from straight, which I also wear.

Or skinny, which I wear too.

(😀I definitely have quite the assortment going on in that closet!)

-Texas Hill Country-