Honored Contributor

Are any fashion and beauty magazines still in business?

No I don't like influencers online.  So I checked in Walgreen's yesterday for magazines I used to read, like In Style and Glamour.  I was shockedd because that great big store had a magazine section about 3 feet tall and 4 feet wide. Neither mag I wanted was there.  Who is still in business?  I liked all the ads, especially for makeup.  The colors were true to real life, like the lipsticks.  The charts online are way off.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Are any fashion and beauty magazines still in business?

Vogue is still in business. Still my Bible for fashion and I still read it. Glamour, last time I read is on line. Elle is still available too.

Respected Contributor

Loved VOGUE when all they were selling was glamorous fashions. cancelled my subscription years ago when they were pushing some agendas I did not care to see. 

Respected Contributor

@StylishLady wrote:

Loved VOGUE when all they were selling was glamorous fashions. cancelled my subscription years ago when they were pushing some agendas I did not care to see. 

Totally agree ....

Esteemed Contributor

You are so very right that online colors are not true.  The only safe thing to do is to just get replacements for a while.  Someday we will be able to test samples again.

Honored Contributor

Before Covid, I used to spend fifteen or so minutes in the supermarket magazine aisle, thumbing through various magazines.

Nice and quiet aisle; not much (if any) traffic there.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@StylishLady wrote:

They always favored one point of view over the other. Nothing changed, just the characters.

Honored Contributor

@depglass 

loved Bazaar.  Just got a subscription refund They're so darn political!  I thought I was reading Time

Honored Contributor

Everything is political these days and I would think everyone would know why.