Honored Contributor

Are You Wearing Pearlized Leather-Again?

[ Edited ]

I remember a beautiful jacket I got from Q years ago that had gray/silver pearlized leather.  It was a Bradley Bayou and had a double collar.  It "went out" quickly although the style of the jacket could have lasted for ever.  

Does anyone remember that jacket?

I'm not doing that again.  How about you?

Honored Contributor

Re: Are You Wearing Pearlized Leather-Again?

OK - I suppose I'm really a nerd or something , but IMO if something is really beautiful , it does not have to be a current trend for you to wear it and look nice in it. Beautiful is beautiful no matter what the trends are. 

Honored Contributor

@ECBG I have a jacket similar to the one you are talking about.  I loved Bradley's jackets and bought several of them.  You would look beautiful in anything you wear.  You are beautiful.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG

i had a couple of pearlized leather BB jackets and have sold them within the  past year or so. i dont buy or wear leather anymore because it just makes me too darn hot.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

I was glad to see this post.  I have a pearlized light blue leather jacket (also by BB) that has been sitting in my donation box for over a year now.  It still is in great shape and I didn't want to let it go.  

I thought this had gone out of style, but saw something the other day about pearlized resurfacing.  I may get bold and wear it again!  

I sure do miss seeing Bradley B on the Q! 

Honored Contributor

I wore pearlized leather and colored leathers and suede years ago when they were popular and in style.  It worked for me then but I'm not going back to it.  Been there, done that.  Now I prefer leather and suede in natural colors.  In the fall, I will have lost all the weight I want to lose and I'll be in the market for a nice leather jacket...in black or a dark brown.  But it's all about personal preference, there's no right or wrong. 

Esteemed Contributor

@jpie wrote:

I was glad to see this post.  I have a pearlized light blue leather jacket (also by BB) that has been sitting in my donation box for over a year now.  It still is in great shape and I didn't want to let it go.  

I thought this had gone out of style, but saw something the other day about pearlized resurfacing.  I may get bold and wear it again!  

Everything old is new again..lol! I have several pearlized jackets..in perfect condition..so glad I didn't gve them away!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Respected Contributor

@emmysmom wrote:

@jpie wrote:

Everything old is new again..lol! I have several pearlized jackets..in perfect condition..so glad I didn't gve them away!

I agree as long as the jackets don't have exteme shoulder pads (LOL), I think it's okay to risk being seen in public.  

Honored Contributor

I had an off-white pearlized leather clutch. Loved it.  Yes, I'd like to see more pearlized leather items, including small-ish (not too small and not too large) crossbody handbags. Would be fabulous in pastel colors, although I'm trying to envision a few Fall/Winter pearlized color options. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

I never had any pearlized leather, but do have a Bradley Bayou jacket.  

Would love to see him return, no chance of that I guess.  His styling was so great, excellent understanding of how women are really shaped!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras