Honored Contributor

Re: Are You Looking For A Specific Item For The Upcoming Seasons?

[ Edited ]

@ALRATIBA 

Express has a few choices

D2BA487E-B20E-4373-9E36-98BC6D06C837.jpeg
133F0BD4-330A-4FC8-8F29-0FF557BFBB0E.jpeg

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@ECBG 

A310875

Joan Rivers Regular Length Lightweight Denim Dress w/ Fringe Hem - A310875

and A347183

Image result for LOGO by Lori Goldstein Button Front Denim Duster

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lolakimono wrote:

@ECBG 

A310875

Joan Rivers Regular Length Lightweight Denim Dress w/ Fringe Hem - A310875

and A347183

Image result for LOGO by Lori Goldstein Button Front Denim Duster

Love the bottom one, althoush I would have to hem to get rid of the fray for work.  Not allowed.Smiley Happy

Thanks @lolakimono .  I got the black and am in TOTAL shock because this line isn't what I usually wear, I looked at Joan Rivers, "no go".  Thank you again!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@ECBG 

Boden, available in a size 6-

Lena Denim Shirt Dress - Black

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono I've never been a 6 but was an 8 for years.  Thanks!

Trusted Contributor

I may need some "work" tops.  I am starting a part time job next week, 3 days per week, in a local jewelry store.

When I worked in the school district, June thru August, I dressed very, very casually.  Like Fresh Produce casual clothing.  It's been 17 years since I had to wear presentable clothes in the summer!  And makeup!  I may have to rethink this!Woman Wink

So I will see what J.Jill has and then wait for their sales.  I won't need much, just a few tops.  

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@ScrapHappy wrote:

I really need new Spring/Summer tops.  I needed them last year but decided to put it off.  I can also use some crop pants.  If budget allows, a new pair of Birkenstocks.

@ScrapHappy The shoes should come in here with Sally, assuming she still does them.  They're often at a special price and easy pay.

You might want to look at Land's End now.  They have 40 percent off with their code.  I know @lolakimono really likes them.

That's a really good sale at LandsEnd, because it includes free shipping in addition to the sale prices.  I just added two Supima tee shirts to my collection. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

@roeroe1005 If you're going to work in a jewelry store, I would suggest dressing like the mgrs you saw when you interviewed.   

I taught 37 years, job coaches my students, keeping higher ed as the first step, and upon retirement went into retail sales.  I have worked in jewelry for almost 5 years for Belk.  Jewelry stores here are very suit oriented.

I am told now I'm my town's top stylist.   Please let me know if I can  help you.  I would suggest you begin by looking at slacks and blazers in your closet and trying them on.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The same thing I want every year! The baggy shorts, cargoes or boards, like the boys wear!

AEF32242-2613-4656-A2B7-856A61AD2713.jpegEvery year I come up empty-handed! I'll find something similar but never what I want

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ECBG,

thank you for your advice.  I will take you up on your offer if I have questions!

I worked at Saks Fifth Avenue in their jewelry department for 20+ years as a part timer.  

When I worked in the school district, I was in the main office - basically the first person everyone would see when they came in.  So I always dressed; not like my corporate days, but I made sure I dressed appropriately.  In the summer, when things were very quiet with no students/parents, etc, I dressed very casually, as the whole administration did.  But come the first day of school, I was back in my dresses and skirts.  

Being a NYer, my uniform is mostly black pants, black skirtsWoman Wink.  I love the J.Jill Wearever collection and that's where I would buy 99% of my work clothes.  Since October, I have been subbing as a teacher's aide in one of our schools that houses autistic students.  You have to see how everyone dresses, I'm in leggings and a casual top and I still look overdressed!  

The hardest part will be figuring out shoes again.  I'm not used to standing 7 hours a day anymore.  What brand do you find comfortable?