Honored Contributor

Re: Are You Finding Any Markdown Fashions?

I went to Dillards today and hit a Ms. Elaine sale. Got a lounger dress and fleece inside and outside robe, really soft both for 100 plus tax. For Dillards that's about as cheap as you can get.

QVC takes 5 bucks off and calls it a sale. Irks me.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I bought an IM long sleeve striped tee on sale from the Q a couple of weeks ago. It was marked down to $20. Still available A385423

I bought a few tops and sweaters from Kohl's & Macy's online. Prices ranged from $5-25 an item. I also bought 2 new bras on sale at Kohl's. Getting good bras at a sale price is great! 

Valued Contributor

I've found some nice cardigans and marled crewneck sweaters on sale at Belk. I haven't bought sweaters in years.

I also got 2 of their quilted jacket for $14.99 each before Christmas.  I think they called them puffer jackets but they are ligher quilted jackets they don't seem to have puff between the quilting. 

I may order some long sleeve sale tees from Lands End.  Their quality is very nice. 

I'm thinking of ordering some warm knee socks from ShopNational to keep my legs warm. They have nice soft cotton undies in a petite rise I like also. 

Valued Contributor

Posting again to add -

I found some plush Cuddle Dud half zip pullovers I am loving from Walmart dot com for around $15.  I ordered all 3 colors and I sized up 2 sizes so I can layer them over tees.  They run a bit narrow for the size, and the shoulders are not too wide even when you go up 2 sizes.  They are great for lounging and for a run out to the grocery store or for a walk (you don't get over heated).

Trusted Contributor

I bought a pair of Cuddle Duds velour pajamas today that were $34.20. Nothing else other than the pj's.

Honored Contributor

Wow! Am I the only one shopping local? Local store soooo need the help! The big box stores can survive, the small mom and pop stores are dying. I shopped the other day, in a nearby town, at my favorite store and everything in he store was 40% off. Yes, the dressing rooms were open (never closed down) and the sales associates were so friendly. I know I am helping their families when I buy from local stores (and restaurants). 

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

Two sweater jackets from Talbots.  One in a medium blue, one in a brown/camel color.  

Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

Wow! Am I the only one shopping local? Local store soooo need the help! The big box stores can survive, the small mom and pop stores are dying. I shopped the other day, in a nearby town, at my favorite store and everything in he store was 40% off. Yes, the dressing rooms were open (never closed down) and the sales associates were so friendly. I know I am helping their families when I buy from local stores (and restaurants). 

I cringed at first because I thought 'you're right!'. 

But the big box stores employ human beings, too.  You can't forget that.

However, I had placed an order from a privately owned business for my beauty products this morning.

And this afternoon I placed an order for a grandson and me from one of the few family owned department stores left in the northeast.  (Boscov's)

So I did my mom and pop shopping, but will head to a big box store later on today.

As far as markdowns, I did have coupon codes to use at both places and got $ back from Rakuten. 

I especially like shopping places that offer a military discount (15% Boscov's)Heart

Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

@ID2 

Maybe?

Some states have declared a state of emergency due to rising hospitalizations for Covid and there have been winter storm warnings in effect with orders to remain off the roads except for "essential" travel.

It makes A LOT of sense to stay home and shop online now for many people, including me!