Honored Contributor

Re: Are You A More Neutrals Gal or Color???

@fairydogmother   Love this....such a visual image, thanks for the joy of laughter!

@fairydogmother wrote:

In Florida you see a lot of old ladies wearing bright bold color top and bottom. I was one of them when I first moved here. I looked like a hibiscus bush. Lol 😂

Esteemed Contributor

Neutrals on the bottom, color color color on the top!

Colors make me happy - Blacks, browns, beiges, olives, etc, close to my face make me look sick.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

A dedicated neutral...confident, classic, calm - always have been. I live in monochromatic outfits.  An out of the box moment for me might be textile native fashion or a boho inspired Johnny Was design but I remain true to my neutrals and love of simple monotone dressing....just my nature.  I do appreciate others that like to glow.

Esteemed Contributor

Neutrals for me. If I do want to add color, I do it with accessories. 

Respected Contributor

I like neutral bottoms, but anything goes with tops.

Esteemed Contributor

I wear neutrals on the bottom and mostly bolder colors on the top.  Of course, there might be an exception here or there

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Super Contributor

Used to be color, color, sparkles 😎 all the time! As I get older (late 60's), I gravitate more towards the neutrals.
Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@ECBG   Definitely neutrals for me. I'm happy I've purchased the more classic items I'll need over the years. I'm seeing a lot of brown (Lauren, too that I love) and I just can't wear brown, tan, camel, etc.

@Shanus 

I am not finding true brown like the crayon.

Esteemed Contributor

I gravitate toward neutral colors.  Any red bottoms that I have - capris, shorts, and skorts, I have to force myself to wear.  Then I wonder all day why I bought them in the first place.  I don't like the color purple, and only have a bit of it in prints.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

I like color and prints.  I can't mix prints and often don't know how even to mix colors if I can't match it to a color in a print, so it's usually a print on top and solid pants or skirt.  I'm not quite 5'2", but I don't concern myself with the short people can't wear bold prints advice.