Honored Contributor

Re: Are Tunics On Their Way Out?

@songbird wrote:

I'm thin with a small bum and prefer not to wear tunics.  Most tops in mall stores are shorter then what you see on QVC.  Almost all tops, especially Susan Graver and Denim & Co are really  tunics instead of tops (tops at QVC usually are longer then 26")  Most tops in stores are 25" or less. Most QVC viewers are older and want to cover their bottoms.  That's why tunics are there.  That is why elbow length sleeves are at QVC.  The women don't want to show their upper arms. 

@songbird 

I'm also thin with no bum, and I wear leggings a lot because size 2 jeans are hard to find and I wear tunic length tops with them to disguise the fact that I have no 'assatoll'.

We all have our own set of issues that influence our fashion choices for our body types, IMO.

I'm all good with whatever fashions work for each individual.

In other words, if it feels good and you feel like it looks good on you, DO IT!!!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

I think there’s a place for them. I don’t wear leggings, but I own a few longer length tops that I wear with my slimmer fit pants & jeans.

That being said, I am seeing lots of teens, younger women, and celebs wearing shorter tops lately. Even with their leggings and tight pants! I could never do that. 

I like different lengths of tops depending on what I am wearing on the bottom. I hope a variety of top lengths stay in the marketplace. 

Honored Contributor

@JJsMom wrote:

Nah, they're staples now. I wear them sparingly because I'm short, but they look good with slim pants and tall boots. I only like tunics that are shaped, not the big tents.

@JJsMom 

I feel the same way and I'm 5'2. Long and lean with a lean leg looks amazing.

There is such a thing as not long enough; where the tunic hits you in the wrong place

Respected Contributor

I'm tall, so I prefer the longer tops!