Honored Contributor

Re: Are Tunics On Their Way Out?

I don't own any tunics or slim leggings or jeggings or any other form of tight pants.

I am short, petite and busty with junk in my trunk...no way would I be caught dead in something like that.

Tunics and long sweaters swallow me up and make me look wide. They are always way too long.  I prefer to wear something to show off my waist.

Honored Contributor

Tunics are classic...they aren't going anywhere.  You get to choose if you like them or not, but I doubt they are going anywhere.

Respected Contributor

One can only hope.

Honored Contributor

I prefer style over fashion any day. I really couldn't care less what fashion bloggers think

Tunics are classic pieces of clothing and will always be worn

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I think tunics worn over slimmer pants look very nice.  If there are areas you aren't so happy about -- stomach, thighs, etc. --- this is a look which handles this very well, and is comfortable and appealing.  As to what fashion people say they are in or out, I have no idea.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

Nah, they're staples now. I wear them sparingly because I'm short, but they look good with slim pants and tall boots. I only like tunics that are shaped, not the big tents.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Respected Contributor

A well fitting A line tunic is a good look for me when I wear leggings--which is almost every day in the winter. I am all legs with a very short torso, so a tunic helps give the illusion of a longer torso for me.

Honored Contributor

They may never go out of style.  After all, the Romans wore them over two thousand years ago.

Honored Contributor

Tunics have been around since before any bloggers were born, fashion or otherwise, and will be around long after we are all gone.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Circa 1985

I remember going to Express to get a long tunic turquoise sweater

to wear with my black stirrup pants, ballet flats & a scarf folded

over my shoulders. Very Princess Diana....a style to never go away.