Honored Contributor

Re: Are There Any Colors You Can't Find In Clothes This Year?

@qbetzforreal wrote:

Brown

@qbetzforreal 

Chocolate?  Chestnut or caramel is all over and it's being left, so few can wear it.

Honored Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

It's not so much I can't find the colors I like, it's finding items I like in the colors I will wear.  

I look awful in any shade of brown, so no tears about it being difficult to find.

What is meant by true green?  Grass green and the color of an emerald?  That is a good color for me, but rarely wear it.  

I'll worry when black, gray, and navy blue are difficult to find.  

@Foxxee 

Green is essentially in every season.  I am a winter.  I wear blue based green and forest green.

What green do you want?

Honored Contributor

@Silver Fox1 wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

Pantone put out a very large range of colors.

True green and true chocolate brown have been extremely scarce.  The choices are made many years before the season, but these colors are basic!

So few people can wear caramel brown, and I won't buy it.

@ECBG I don't care for caramel brown at all and never have, however camel I love, I love it with charcoal, but alas now that my hair is silver it just not something that works for me, not on the top half anyway.   

@Silver Fox1   Same thing happened here. I had a camel's hair coat for years. Just gave it away last year...couldn't wear it w/ silver hair. As a brunette, it was a well-loved coat.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Foxxee wrote:

It's not so much I can't find the colors I like, it's finding items I like in the colors I will wear.  

I look awful in any shade of brown, so no tears about it being difficult to find.

What is meant by true green?  Grass green and the color of an emerald?  That is a good color for me, but rarely wear it.  

@Foxxee   That's when I go naked. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I want a very pale blue silk blouse.  Had one in the 1980s that I loved.  Have not seen one since.  I have an oxford in that color but I want something dressy.

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

I want a very pale blue silk blouse.  Had one in the 1980s that I loved.  Have not seen one since.  I have an oxford in that color but I want something dressy.

@Nonametoday 

You might try Lily Silk.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Nonametoday wrote:

@Nonametoday 

You might try Lily Silk.Smiley Happy

@ECBG   No luck, but I do love their silk blouses.  I have two articles of their clothing and expecting a third.

Valued Contributor

i have trouble finding chocolate brown tops.Got to admit this year, just been shopping in my closet for the most part.

Honored Contributor

@red&curly wrote:

i have trouble finding chocolate brown tops.Got to admit this year, just been shopping in my closet for the most part.

@red&curly 

I'm getting a chocolate cotton turtleneck at Dillard's tomorrow. 

Google image.  That's how I find a lot.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Foxxee wrote:

@Foxxee 

Green is essentially in every season.  I am a winter.  I wear blue based green and forest green.

What green do you want?

@ECBG 

Actually, none of them.  

Despite being a winter, too, I rarely have ever worn any color of green, so it isn't on my radar during any season.  

If I did wear green, it would be darker with bluish undertones.   

The only green I would be interested in at this point is a big Colombian emerald if someone wants to give me one.  Lol.