Super Contributor

Re: Are There Any Colors You Can't Find In Clothes This Year?

There is a lot of gold but not much cool yellow.

Super Contributor

There are few items in light to medium true pink. Lots of coral or antique rose, even fuchsia or magenta, but very little true pink. I know it was overdone about 10 years ago but they always tend to overdo whatever is the current trend. It's crazy because I'm much more likely to purchase something that is a little different and not the same old colors. Gary and his olive club make me think he likes warm undertones in colors and makes me wonder if that's why there aren't more cool based colors. 

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@qbetzforreal wrote:

Brown

@qbetzforreal 

Chocolate?  Chestnut or caramel is all over and it's being left, so few can wear it.

@ECBG- Chocolate/Dark Brown.

Trusted Contributor

Agree about green and brown--not for everyone!

The new yellow Pantone color of the year 2021 is gorgeous and I hope to see a lot in clothing. I haven't been buying clothes, but will buy that yellow for sure.

Honored Contributor

Not looking for anything, but I think true teal is always difficult to find.
"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

@qbetzforreal wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@qbetzforreal wrote:

Brown

@qbetzforreal 

Chocolate?  Chestnut or caramel is all over and it's being left, so few can wear it.

@ECBG- Chocolate/Dark Brown.

@qbetzforreal 

I was at Dillards today and picked up a dk brown turtleneck.  There is also a top in Vince Camuto.

Poly/Rayon in Expresso

Color:Deep Espresso - Image 1 - Dolman Sleeve Button Trim Slouchy Knit Pullover Top

This also in brown.  Poly.

Color:Port - Image 1 - Long Sleeve Twist Neck Knit Top

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

No.  I don't pay any attention to that Pantone stuff but I have no trouble at all finding things in the colors i want.  

I don't pay attention to the Pantone stuff either @chrystaltree .  If I like something I buy it.  I can wear caramel all day.  I don't know of any color that I "can't" wear or looks terrible on me.   I'll wear any color.

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal   I wear olive green and camo prints. No color matching charts ever say I should wear those colors, but, hey my eyes are olive green. I make the decisions around here. 

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

No.  I don't pay any attention to that Pantone stuff but I have no trouble at all finding things in the colors i want.  

I don't pay attention to the Pantone stuff either @chrystaltree .  If I like something I buy it.  I can wear caramel all day.  I don't know of any color that I "can't" wear or looks terrible on me.   I'll wear any color.

@San Antonio Gal   I do believe, with a few exceptions, women can wear most colors they're drawn to. I think I mentioned my olive green (wore more blush/brighter lipstick)...now switch off to a mini flowered mask with pink and olive (purchased a package of colorful ones from Amazon).

I look awful in pastels with my white skin and silver hair, but a few years ago when a white blouse had frayed cuffs, I had a tailor remove the collar with enough left to tuck underneath crewneck sweaters ...used to be able to purchase those because I had them in high school. If any color/shade washes me out, that bright white collar, a little brighter blush and I'm good. Maybe that's why RBG wore her white lace collar on her stark black robe.