Honored Contributor

Monday Jennifer Lopez was wearing a pair on The Today Show Hoda & Jenna hour.  Now, today I see the actress from Aladdin wearing a pair.  Both pair also had wider legs.  If it's a new triend I certainly won't be following it.  They made both celebrities look fat, especially from the side, and I'm 5'2".  No thanks.

Honored Contributor

I hope not..........they balloon out when you sit down

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

I hope so!  I like  that style ... and need to replace some I'm still wearing from past years.

Honored Contributor

If they are, it's one more of what I call non-fashionable trends.  What's just  okay on Lopez is disastrous on me

Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

I hope not..........they balloon out when you sit down

Yep, that's exactly what they did.  There's a way to do pleats that is not so exaggerated and with not so wide legs that are less fattening.  I may actually still have some of those in my closet.  But, being a petite, I have enough of an issue with crotches hanging low without even more fabric in the front to balloon out.  

Honored Contributor

Here's the video of Naomi Scott on Kelly & Ryan this morning.  You'll need to jump forward to about 18 minutes in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfigYI0uqEk

Respected Contributor

Remember peg leg pants with pleats? 😳

Esteemed Contributor

Oh boy, I sure hope not!  At 5'2" they have never been a good look for me.  Definitely adds pounds visually. Smiley Tongue

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Respected Contributor

At 5'3", whether they are back or not, I won't be wearing them.  I weigh 111 lbs, but pleated pants make me look enormous.  I love the slim leg trend, and plan to stick with it, even if it goes out of style!

Honored Contributor

Used to wear them all the time, but the legs were on the slim side. Prefer flat front, but if cut right, I can see wearing pleats again.  I like the look.