Valued Contributor

Yikes! I certainly hope not.  Most of us do not look our best in pleated pants (men and women).  They balloon out when you sit, they crease, and they do not flatter anyone with a belly of any sort.  A very svelte atheletic built person like J-Lo can pull it off, but the majority of the rest of us should just step away, in my opinion.  I remember Stacy and Clinton making that adjustment to people's wardrobe's almost immediately when they were on WNTW.  Pleats make most people look heavier than they are. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

When someone mentions pleated pants, I envision old men with pleats fanning out from their pooching stomachs in their out-of-date pants.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Maybe.  It doesn't matter to me,  I won't be wearing them.  

Honored Contributor

I saw a woman at a grocery store the other day in beautifully draped pleated pants with her shirt tucked in and a cardigan or maybe a jacket (forgot which) on top.  Admittedly, it wasn't a run-of-the-mill grocery store, but the most upscale one our area has.

I was so struck with how gorgeous and chic she looked in these pants I didn't pay much attention to what else she was wearing.

I adore pleated pants and hope they make a resurgence, at least as another option.  It doesn't have to be either/or.

I appreciate how beautifully fabric can drape.  

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

Well done tailoring rings my bell.

So I could go for stitched, pleated, non - bag looking trousers.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

We were watching some old pro golf tournaments and the men wore pleated pants too. Really look dated......

Honored Contributor

It's all in the cut and the fabric; just as it is with any other design detail.

for every pair of pleated pants that makes the wearer look heavier there's another pair that doesn't! They're not all identical!

Respected Contributor

I think it's about the fabric and the drape.  A drapey higher waisted trouse can look elegant with pleats.  Khakis, not so much IMO.  

Respected Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

Maybe.  It doesn't matter to me,  I won't be wearing them.  

Exactly! I don't understand the need to worry if an article of clothing is a trend or not, especially if you aren't buying it.
“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky