Honored Contributor

Re: Are Mom's invited to bachelorette parties?

Sometimes yes, sometimes no, no big deal either way. If my DIL's moms had been invited, and I had been as well, I would have gone, although I can't imagine why they would have wanted us there, and apparently they didn't. I personally think bachelor and bachelorette parties are not essential to establishing a healthy, happy married life.
Respected Contributor

I wouldn't go but that's me, I'm my daughter's mother, not her friend and I would think that is a time with her friends. Many mothers today though are right in the mix with everything their children are doing and if it's O.K. with the child, then I think it's fine.

Respected Contributor

I didn't have one but if I did..I wouldn't want my mother there..partying with me and my friends..uhh nooo!!

If it is a tea party like get together (no alcohol..strippers..etc..bar..) and more of cake/soda..shopping etc. Iwould then leave it up to her.

If my mother bragged she can party with the best of them..I wouldn't find it too cute or funny..

Honored Contributor

ABSOLUTELY NOT! No young woman should have to put up with a mother who tries to be one of the girls. Sorry, been there and done that. She's your mother and should act like your mother.

Let your daughters be themselves. My mother always thought she was more fun than me and hung out with us when my friends came over. Even after I was grown and home for a visit if friends came over, there she was. We wanted to talk what was going on in our lives, but no there she was to talk about her. Sorry, but you hit a sore spot with me about this one, so realize I am biased and take it for the grain of salt it's probably worth.

Honored Contributor

Coupon Queen- SO AGREE WITH YOU!!!!!!
Super Contributor

It would depend on the venue and itinerary. Bar-hopping, dancing in clubs, drunken karaoke, male "entertainment" - these are all activities that I have experienced at bachelorette parties, none of which I would care to share with my mother.

However, I have also attended bachelorette parties at country clubs, hotels, and private homes that merely consisted of lunch, clean games, and gifts. At these parties, MOB and other family members were present, and it did not seem uncomfortable or out of place at all.

Honored Contributor

I've never heard of any of my friends being invited to their DD's!

At one wedding DD was in, the bride invited her 8-yr. old niece who was her "junior bridesmaid." Her heart was in the right place, but her other bridesmaids, most of whom were college friends, were not crazy about it. They drove around in a limo all night, but couldn't really stop at any bars or drink alcohol in the limo. DD's not a big drinker anyway, but she does like to PARTY! They were all back at the hotel before 10 p.m. I think if I were the bride in that situation, I would have a "two-part" evening, dropping junior bridesmaid off before partying on with the rest of my group! I would hope her mom and dad didn't take offense at her not being included in ALL of the Bachelorette party activities! Wink

Valued Contributor

I invited my mom and she was one of the sober drivers. Smiley Happy. I could not imagine not having my mom there. We never went out like that before or after but I'm glad she was there.
Honored Contributor

Good grief, NO .... Mothers should NOT go! {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

Respected Contributor

It really depends on what kind of party it is and also if you actually get invited by the person

hosting. I also don't think anyone should be upset or have hurt feelings if they aren't invited.