Honored Contributor

Re: Are MaryJane shoes really that popular?

How did LOGO get brought into this?

Aren't there enough LOGO bashing threads already?

Super Contributor

On 11/3/2014 LipstickDiva said:

How did LOGO get brought into this?

Aren't there enough LOGO bashing threads already?

I agree, Lipstick. After I responded to Gazelle, I thought, "What does LOGO have to do with Mary Janes?" I would have passed by the thread if I thought it was just another LOGO bashing thread. . lol.

“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” H.P. Lovecraft
Respected Contributor

They're for little girls or older women who want to think they R little girlsSmiley Happy No thank U.

Honored Contributor

It's certainly fine to wear whatever is comfortable.......and MJ's are a whole lot better looking than some of those overly masculine styles...........

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

On 11/3/2014 gazelle77 said:
On 11/3/2014 wmsbgshopper said: I agree!! Same for the the LOGO clothes, but there must be a market.

For LOGO... I have no answer why anyone would want to look like they rolled out of bed wearing their LOGO. Hangy, baggy drippy, loose wrinkly saggy clothes? Hmmm... maybe someone who likes LOGO can explain this market for such clothing.

Women who are fashion forward know that when Lori puts on various styles of her clothing it is more just to display the variety available. Vogue and runway shows are known for doing the same. Well dressed, fashionable women instinctively understand that draping layers of any designer won't result in the desired result. Open your mind to different "looks." You may learn something new in the process.
Respected Contributor

Mary Janes with a nice heel height can be beautiful. I am glad that there are lots of choices including low heel Mary Jane's for comfort if someone is looking for something that allows them more mobility.
Honored Contributor

On 11/3/2014 SoftRaindrops said:
On 11/3/2014 gazelle77 said:
On 11/3/2014 wmsbgshopper said: I agree!! Same for the the LOGO clothes, but there must be a market.

For LOGO... I have no answer why anyone would want to look like they rolled out of bed wearing their LOGO. Hangy, baggy drippy, loose wrinkly saggy clothes? Hmmm... maybe someone who likes LOGO can explain this market for such clothing.

Women who are fashion forward know that when Lori puts on various styles of her clothing it is more just to display the variety available. Vogue and runway shows are known for doing the same. Well dressed, fashionable women instinctively understand that draping layers of any designer won't result in the desired result. Open your mind to different "looks." You may learn something new in the process.

A full-length mirror is your best friend. Look at it objectively......and if you "think" you look silly, you probably do.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

I hated wearing Mary Janes as a child and now would only wear them if it were a necessity.

Honored Contributor

The ""fashion forward"" maryjanes as shown by Ralph Lauren in his Fall/Winter fashion show have a thin strap and 3 1/2 to 4 inch heels. Ankle straps are high fashion. The thicker the strap goes and the lower the heel the more ""utilitarian"" it looks and less ""high"" fashion.

Wear what functions for you. The comfort company Born makes several that are nice.

Respected Contributor

Not my style or taste. I don't see anyone in my area wearing them.