Trusted Contributor

Re: Aran sweaters, anyone purchasing?

On 9/2/2014 Barbara in Virginia said:

LOVE them and have been buying them for a good many years. Lost count of how many I have! There is nothing so warm and cozy as an Irish merino sweater. I wear them as outerwear in the fall before it gets very, very cold. Then in the winter inside.

YES they are worth the money! In fact, they are very inexpensive compared to what you would pay elsewhere for the quality and the amount of wool in them.

I am tempted by the double-breasted sweater coat. But the online garment measurements vary considerably from what they usually are for the Irish sweaters.

Do you mean the online measurements are smaller or larger than usual? If I do order, I was going to order the same size as I do in D&C, which is XL. Does that sound right?

Respected Contributor

I bought this.

Esteemed Contributor

On 9/2/2014 muttmom said:

I bought this.

I love this sweater in navy.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Trusted Contributor

On 9/2/2014 gardensla said:

I bought this.

I love this sweater in navy.

And this one's my second choice. Love it. Order true to QVC size? My first Aran Craft sweater. Always an XL in D&C tops. Thanks!

Honored Contributor

I bought this.

Aran Craft Merino Wool Double Breasted Sweater Coat

That is gorgeous, muttmom! Enjoy it! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Honored Contributor

They're all way too long for me. I'm 5' even and many of the Aran sweaters on the Q would come down almost to my knees. I also live in central Texas, where wool sweaters don't get worn much, so spending that much on a sweater isn't a good investment for me. (My wool sweaters do last forever though, since they rarely get worn.)

Super Contributor

When I lived on PA, I would have. I am now in TX. That's a big fat no. But I do love those sweaters. I wore mine out. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Regular Contributor

I've been eyeing these sweaters for 3 years now. They are expensive, but finally I'm going to buy. I bought one today. They look warm and cozy. I purchased emerald green. I am hoping the color is deep.

Trusted Contributor

Me again!! Is everyone staying true to your QVC size? Thanks!

Valued Contributor

I live in California, but it does get colder in the winter months, so I am sure I'll be using those sweaters at least 3 months of the year and that's good enough for me - the good quality sweaters will last me longer! LOVE them!! {#emotions_dlg.wub}

PS. Also not sure about the sizing, but I ordered my regular size....Based on previous comments, it sounds like they run large but oh well...will have to exchange if they turn out to be too big...