Super Contributor

Aran Craft Sweater DEAL

[ Edited ]
Honored Contributor

On a trip to Scotland/Ireland, I saw a lot of the Aran merino sweaters, and the price here at QVC is very, very good for these beautiful items. Was tempted while over there to purchase one, but didn't because I knew I could get a comparable sweater on QVC, without it taking up space in my suitcase or adding weight to the checked baggage. And since it was during summer when I was there, the thought of wearing it home to avoid packing it was not appealing. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Ane1Care  - I wanted to order one this morning on the LTS, but didn't have my size.  Lovely sweater!

Esteemed Contributor

Wow!  What a bargain.  These sweaters are gorgeous.  I own several of them in different styles and colors.   I also had the chance to visit Ireland and Scotland at which time my husband purchased one for himself.  The mens styles are quite nice.  His is navy blue with a zip front and pockets with suede trim.  The Q should offer the mens styles too!

Respected Contributor

I have that sweater in grey and in pink.  It's a good one; this current price is outstanding.  Good way to try an Aran sweater if you have been wanting one or have been undecided.

Honored Contributor

I have it in blue and it is a very nice sweater

Honored Contributor

There's nothing like a hand made Aran sweater.  These machine made sweaters are a really poor imitation of the real thing.

They aren't even that difficult to knit ... 

History of Aran Sweaters ...

https://www dot aransweatermarket dot com/history-of-aran-sweaters

Trusted Contributor

Thanks so much @Ane1Care .  I just ordered the blue!  😊

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

There's nothing like a hand made Aran sweater.  These machine made sweaters are a really poor imitation of the real thing.

They aren't even that difficult to knit ... 

History of Aran Sweaters ...

https://www dot aransweatermarket dot com/history-of-aran-sweaters

I don't see anywhere in the description where it says they were machine-made sweaters. Perhaps during the presentation? But even if it was, this price for 100% merino wool by itself is outstanding! 

Super Contributor

Mods, could you delete this since the sale is over? Thank you!