Trusted Contributor

Re: April - Hooray! How are you styling your Linea today?

On 4/16/2014 NaturalBornWoman said:

Sammijo - Seems your Winter has been far more brutal than ours. Some of our oldest & dearest friends are long-time AK transplants from Utica, Poughkeepsie and Vermont (Lake Champlain area). When you said the "S" word - I had to inquire about your locale.

We have another high pressure moving in with SUN predicted for Easter weekend. May the Sun shine on you also.

Glad to see you posting here more often. . . . . Smiles!

ETA - And I'm so ready to cover up my DB Faux Furs & down parkas. The Summers are short, but oh so sweet! They're our best kept secret. . .

NBW, I grew up just south of Poughkeepsie, moved up this way for college and never ventured back to the Hudson Valley. We had a high today of about 45. Should get warmer for the weekend. One day DH and I want to visit your home - our last real frontier, I think. Your enjoyment of your area comes through in your posts and is certainly 'catching'. Have a wonderful weekend.

Respected Contributor

Wearing Linea Feather Jersey pencil skirt and sleeveless tank in Hemp. Some funky, chunky costume jewelry (earrings and necklace) in browns, Ambers and gold. Orthaheel Sandals (I have many pairs and the most comfortable things ever on my feet) and a Sun 'n Sand hat. A Sharif Black Tooled leather Handbag with Tan/Gold trim. It was 103 degrees this afternoon in Phoenix, but of course dry and lovely!

Vionic w/ Orthaheel Carla Orthotic Thong Sandals w/ Jewel DetailPalmetto

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Super Contributor

Good Friday to All

A87423 Linea Mock Neck Elbow Sweater in White
Ann Taylor scallop hem skirt in Navy
A221808 Linea Notch Collar Blazer in Aqua - LOVE

Navy sheers with Missoni Iridescent Blue pumps

Australian Lighting Ridge Opal pendant, earrings + 2 rings set in Gold (They were my Mother's favorites)

Tan Burberry Trench, Vintage Ray Ban Aviators, Tory Burch Saffiana Navy X-body
Vintage Hermes scarf in Lotus print (Blues, Corals, Greens)

Super Contributor

I've a confession. A while back I stumbled upon the Stylebook app and fell in love (no I'm not affiliated). Since I buy almost all my clothes, shoes, and accessories online, it was easy for me to upload pics of almost everything I already own and purchase. It was a little time consuming to upload my entire wardrobe into the app, but I can't begin to tell you how much time it saves me on a daily basis when I'm trying to decide what to wear. If you're one of those people who has a closet full of clothes, yet stands in the closet every day struggling to find something to wear, you may want to consider this app. It's also a great way to "not forget" about clothes you own and end up never wearing because you forgot you have it. There are other really cool things about this app (like tracking how much your cost per wear is, etc, etc.) and (obviously) I could go on and in about it (no I'm still not affiliated). ANYWAY..... I figured out that I THINK I can upload my outfits (almost all Linea) here to share on this thread. So this is an experiment to see if it works. If anybody can't see my pic, let me know!

This is what I wore yesterday to work. The pic of the denim jacket is terrible because (since that jacket flew out the door and is no longer available) I had a hard time finding a good pic of it. The shoes are from Payless from last spring, and for cheapo little shoes, I really love them. The jeans are straight-leg jeans from Walmart (of all places) that I absolutely love. No one can ever accuse me of being a clothes snob ;-) I actually ended up wearing the white Linea Bootcut jeans from a season or two ago (instead of the Walmart jeans), but couldn't find a pic of those since they also flew out the door. Both pairs of jeans work great, so I just posted the ensemble as is. The watch is Invicta and the earrings are Anne Klein. I didn't wear a belt but it still looked great.

Ladies, I'm telling you.... this app is addictive, so be warned. I may just post what I wore the rest of the week if this works!

Super Contributor

yarnaholic1963 - your pics must be uploaded on the net for this to work. Try Photobucket - it's free!

http://photobucket.com/

Super Contributor

On 4/18/2014 NaturalBornWoman said:

yarnaholic1963 - your pics must be uploaded on the net for this to work. Try Photobucket - it's free!

http://photobucket.com/

Thank you! I had uploaded to both Flickr and Instagram but couldn't find the jpg url, only other links that didn't seem to work. I think I got it now :-)

Do you know if there's a way to add pics to these posts from an iPad?

Honored Contributor

yarn, really cool presentation. You have a flair for layout.

NBW, you truly are worthy of a Vogue or Harper's Bazaar spread. I am not joshing. Your closets and armoires alone would be worth a look-see, I bet, but the way you put together your adventurous choices into an eclectic and glorious fashion statement is astounding.

"Happy Easter!" to those who celebrate the holiday.

Super Contributor

yarnaholic1963 - only use my ipad for travel - when time permits I'll give it a go!

Goldie - UR much too kind! Never would have thought I'd be so into fashion, but spending almost 20 years jumping out of helicopters & planes - climbing mountains & such to survey the Lands of America dressing for survival looking like most of the guys of my crew (with the exception of a colorful bandana) - It's so nice to look & feel like the woman I am. Call me "rugged girly" LoL

Honored Contributor

NBW, I am the first to admit that I fall easily into categorizing people as to their attributes and talents. Through the years -- and through personal experience -- I have learned that the guy who holds a PhD in philosophy is not always wiser than the fellow who has no degree and works with his hands for a living (and, by the way, I've also discovered that the degree holder is not necessarily higher in IQ), and that the guy or gal who learned about maintaining aircraft by joining the Air Force and then moving up in a federal agency is not necessarily without considerable artistic talent. (One of them that I'm thinking of is a woman who, at 16, turned away from a scholarship to Yale, ran away from home and then joined the Air Force.) She reminds me of you with your myriad talents and high-achieving ways. There are people who defy category, and you are undoubtedly one of them.

[I forgot to add that my friend who refused the Yale scholarship is uncommonly creative when it comes to her personal attire and home decorating. Very daring, borders on the modern. She has an alpaca farm on the side and designs and makes gorgeous scarves from the alpaca fur. This is just one of her several sidelines. An example of her work, below.]

Honored Contributor

Its a gorgeous day here on LI!! Finally some spring weather!! Was out planting 2 shrubs that arrived via UPS last night from Nebraska!! After that, I showered and changed into the latte/coffee bean short sleeve WK top and the dark brown PK pants. Goldtone Monet rope design earrings and my Sarah Coventry cross, gold Seiko watch.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼