Respected Contributor

Re: April - Hooray! How are you styling your Linea today?

On 5/2/2014 yarnaholic1963 said: On 5/2/2014 gk27 said:
I tried out the stylebook app and I'm hooked! It is time consuming getting everything in there, but kind of fun too!! Thanks for the info and yes, it is addictive!
Yayyy! Seriously, the more you play with the app, the more you'll love it! I spent an entire weekend uploading all my pics into it when I first got it, but after that I just add a few more things whenever I have a few extra minutes. The time and headache it saves me trying to figure out what to wear every day makes it so worth the initial time investment though. So glad you like it and feel free to ask if you have any questions.

How do I get on Stylebook if I only have a PC (laptop)? Is it free, or do you need to pay for a subscription? Thanks.

Frequent Contributor

On 5/2/2014 Lyn08 said:
I tried out the stylebook app and I'm hooked! It is time consuming getting everything in there, but kind of fun too!! Thanks for the info and yes, it is addictive!
Yayyy! Seriously, the more you play with the app, the more you'll love it! I spent an entire weekend uploading all my pics into it when I first got it, but after that I just add a few more things whenever I have a few extra minutes. The time and headache it saves me trying to figure out what to wear every day makes it so worth the initial time investment though. So glad you like it and feel free to ask if you have any questions.

How do I get on Stylebook if I only have a PC (laptop)? Is it free, or do you need to pay for a subscription? Thanks.

I know the app was 3.99. I'm not sure about a PC. Google it online and there is a site that talks all about it.

Super Contributor

On 5/2/2014 Lyn08 said:

Ya know, I don't think it's available for PC's. I have it on my iPad and my iPhone. There are other programs however that are similar for PC's. I used to use one called Dress Assistant on my PC. It's not nearly as good as Stylebook, but it's better than nothing!

Honored Contributor

Running errands here and wearing the black and white striped short sleeve W/K top and the PK black pants. Brighton 'Mission' earrings on my ears and a silvertone Pulsar watch on my wrist. Black shoes.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Super Contributor

On 5/2/2014 gk27 said:

OH, let me tell you, last night i discovered the shop section!!!!!!!! I'm going to be lost in there for awhile! I might have a question or 2 at some point. Thanks!

For those who don't have this app, you basically upload pics of your wardrobe items into the "Closet" of the app and then put outfits (AKA "Looks") together using those items. One of my favorite features is the one that's located under the "Style Stats" tab which lets you see which items of clothing haven't been included in any of your "Looks". Using this feature, I'm able to determine if I can put the item into an outfit and if I can't, I figure I probably don't need that particular item and can let it go. Similarly, I can see if a particular item that I'm considering purchasing will "go with" any other items I own. If it doesn't work into my existing wardrobe, I probably don't need it. Another feature I like a lot is being able to add "Looks" to my calendar to see what "Looks" I've worn and which I haven't. If there's a particular "Look" that I haven't worn in a long time (yes, the app tells you that too), I can consider getting rid of it at some point in the future. Oh and I also like being able to categorize "Looks" by season, so that when the weather warms up, I can search under Spring "Looks" when choosing the next day's outfit. Lastly (I think) another really cool feature is the Vacation feature which allows you to select "Looks" when deciding what to pack for a trip or vacation. After you choose all the "Looks" you want to take, the app then lists each item that you need to pack. All you have to do is to go to your closet and grab those particular items. This feature saved me a TON of time and hassle to be able to pack for an unexpected 9 day trip in March when my MIL passed away. I literally was completely packed in an hour's time, and was free to take care of other issues. Gotta love that!