Honored Contributor

As i was waiting for my DH outside Bells today a lady walked up and I could not help but notice her. It was 88 degrees here today with very high humidity.She had on one of those mini skirts with the attached leggings and knee high boots with a mock turtleneck and a denim jacket. She was very thin and looked nice except she was sweating like crazy and her hair was soaked. I said aren't you too warm and she said no - but the sweat pouring off her said otherwise. I guess fashion is more important than appropriate to some ladies. Another lady standing there and I just looked at each other and shrugged.

Honored Contributor

I have seen young women wearing fur lined boots.........in the summer........in Phoenix (?!?)

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

was this a young girl or an older woman?

i know the young girls will wear anything in the name of fashion!  older women may try and just not make it.  lol

Honored Contributor

Re: Appropriate outfit??

[ Edited ]

@151949Do you mean Bealls?   I love the Bealls Outlet stores!  Everything is so inexpensive.  Last time I was in S. Fla. I bought a bunch of Skechers shoes there for so cheap! And I think Monday is senior discount day, right? 

(And 10% off at TJ Maxx in Florida).

Maybe that lady is from the north and figured it was November, how warm could it be in Florida?  Then she got a rude awakening. She should go shop at Bealls Outlet and pick up some cooler clothing for cheap! LOL

Honored Contributor

I've seen styles like fleece Uggs boots  in 95 degrees!  Some don't get it at all.  There's "taste", then the lack of, and those that blindly follow the calendar.  I live in the south and a dear English teacher, a beautiful classic, heart always wore wool Pendleton suits in September-a time when some schools had to dismiss because of the heat.  Some things define normal judgement.  No, I don't wear white shoes in winter- they don't work with what I'm wearing!

Honored Contributor

I would say late 30's early 40's range. Certainly old enough to know better. Even if she just arrived on a plane she could have taken the jacket off. I hope she was going to Bells to buy some shorts and a tank top and flip flops. This store is right across the street from a hotel.

Respected Contributor

Maybe she didn't want to show off any "ink".

Honored Contributor

@silkyk wrote:

Maybe she didn't want to show off any "ink".

So instead, if she was sweating profusely as OP stated, she showed off "stink."  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

A polar opposite scenario:

Here in DFW, when those rare temps dipping in the 30's occur,

all the older ladies run to get their furs out of cold storage.

So here I am...standing next to a full-length Blackglama fur 

while I'm in a turtleneck & shorts. 

Gotta make hay while the sun's shining!

Respected Contributor

I wore one of my black leather skirt Sunday and it was 85º in the afternoon. I save full outfits for the colder days, especially my tall boots.