Valued Contributor

Re: Apologizing for the ""dumb"" question - but could you tell me how you wear Linea Leggings?

You Ladies are great and have me giggling AND smiling. Thank you!!!

I have to explain why that means so much to me today. We have an adult son in a far away city who has been fighting aggressive cancer for a year now and had a very large tumor on his calf removed 10 months ago and due to necessary "margins" around the cancer - lost forever the ability to run. All the calf muscle had to go. He was big into running. All of the heavy duty chemo as well as weeks of radiation that followed did not kill the cancer cells that had already metastasized to his lungs when he was diagnosed. It was decided a few days ago to go in and cut 4 cancerous nodes out of both lungs. I've been losing sleep and doing a lot of praying for him for days. He got out of surgery 60 minutes ago and I got to hear his voice on the phone, thank God. And though raspy, so very welcome to hear! Another chapter in the cancer fight almost safely behind us. More chapters yet to come, we know. Cherishing the joys whenever they come and thankfully, even in this, they do come.

Thanks so much for the brutally honest ~ and funny ~ and creative replies Smiley Wink Will be chuckling about some of the visual pictures here.....

Respected Contributor

Re: Apologizing for the ""dumb"" question - but could you tell me how you wear Linea Leggings?

On 9/17/2014 kate2357 said:

Just had a friend return from Europe (Germany, England, France and Italy). She said almost all the women she saw were wearing yoga style pants and leggings. She was in larger cities and said she was surprised at the casual clothing she saw as that had not been her experience on prior visits.

On the how to wear leggings...IMO, you do need to wear a top that comes down mid thigh and you will probably feel more comfortable in darker colored leggings. I wear my leggings both over the top of my ankle boots and tucked into my ankle boots. My boots are the same color as my leggings (black).

You say you don't want to wear w/ tunics...but IMO, to wear them 'correctly' for age and size, a tunic length top is essential...can be a sweater, a shirt and anorak jacket...but something to cover the rear end and the front (for modesty).

The other option would be to just wear some nice ponte knit straight leg pants. That style is way more forgiving and you still have the 'look' of a closer to the body pant, without feeling uncomfortable.

Good luck...have fun...and no one will really care what you wear on your trip but you!

This sounds like it might be a nice option for the OP, or at least a good way to get used to the idea/look and see if she likes it on herself.

Valued Contributor

Thoughts and prayers for you, your son and family, Owl!!

Glad some of the fun responses made you smile.

I am a "mature grandmother" too and wear my leggings (probably have a dozen, almost all dark colors) with Linea tunics and boyfriend sweaters and with a skinnytee and t shirt to the gym.

KK

Honored Contributor

Dear Owl,

Many blessings to your son and family. I hope there are many, many more sweet chapters to come. Prayers and well-being...

Honored Contributor

I have to amend my answer - I just got back from yoga class so that would a good place to wear leggings also.

Esteemed Contributor

On 9/17/2014 Goldie76 said:

Dear Owl,

Many blessings to your son and family. I hope there are many, many more sweet chapters to come. Prayers and well-being...

I concur w/ Goldie's sentiments...good wishes to you, your family and your son.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Frequent Contributor

I had the same reaction to the Linea Body leggings that Author did. They are just beautiful, a gorgeous fabric, but too "tight-like" on me. I felt that I'd be limited to wearing them with short dresses, and so, why not just go with the fantastic opaque tights! I love the slim leg, long tunic look, but on my 5'7", size xl frame, something like A230029 (slim leg pull on) work better. Also, the poly/span leggings were better for me for the very casual look with tunics, as the 1x fit like a very, very slim pant and not a tight. This grandma just can't rock a tight legging!
Regular Contributor

Hi Owl {#emotions_dlg.biggrin} I got my footless tights this morning and I love them and haven't taken them off. They are super cozy, soft, and do not bind anywhere. I'll wear mine lounging in the house and under pants in the winter if it gets really cold. I cannot stand wearing tights under socks and your foot gets all gimped up and gnarly inside your shoe /boot in about 3 minutes and no matter much you try spreading your toes out during the day you cannot get them comfortable!

I agree with the others that if you are wearing a slim fitted bottom you need length on top and if you're doing wide leg pants the top needs to be slimmer and shorter. I'm wearing a Lizzy Parker long tee with my leggings right now and while I wouldn't go out shopping in this outfit I wouldn't feel bad about answering the door either. (I wish QVC would have kept Lizzy P., who designed wonderful 100% cotton, made in USA, long sleeve tees but that's a whole other story!)

If you decide to get them let us know how you like them!

~ciley

Valued Contributor

I don't think every fashion "trend" is for everyone. And just because leggings come in every size, doesn't mean every size will look their best in them. Only the person wearing them can say whether they think they look presentable, should wear them and how!

I wear leggings with a long top which covers what needs to be covered. I am 5'6 and 125 but am middle aged and have come to realize that there is a time and place for everything! I don't think leggings and a dress are the right look for someone my age; my Peter Pan days are long gone!

I haven't tried the Linea leggings yet, but would like to. I do have some Spanx leggings that I have worn and a pair of Women in Control leggings that are great under tunics. My problem thus far has been finding appropriate tops that offer coverage but are not too flowing.

Respected Contributor

Oh my, Owl, I am so sorry to hear about your son---always heartbreaking when bad things happen to our children. Glad to hear the surgery went well. I'll keep you and your son in my thoughts and prayers.

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel